Upgraded to Sonoma which upgraded Xcode to 15.3 - Now my app won't run

It worked fine yesterday, now after upgrade of Xcode, app won't run. It doesn't matter if I try to run the app in a simulator or on a real iOS device, it does the same thing.

A window pops up with a title of "App installation failed: Unable to Install "app name" Then down below there is a huge paragraph that starts with this:

Please try again later. Failed to load Info.plist from bundle at path /Users....

I have rebooted as well and also waited to make sure everything had time to load from the upgrade. I really have no clue how to resolve this issue.

Hoping someone can shed some light on this for me.

Thank you.

Replies

Which simulator did you select (which iOS version) ?

A few ideas:

• Check in the project how deployment targets are defined
  • open info.plist to see if the file is corrupted ? (you can open as Source Code, to read the html
  • do you get a message that asks you to update to most recent settings ? If so, do it.

I have tried it on an iPhone 15 with iOS 17.0.1 and 17.2. Also tried it directly to my actual iPhone 13 which is iOS 17.4.1.

As far as deployment targets. I assume you mean the section called Deployments under the Build Settings on the App? If so, nothing has changed there as my iOS deployment target is still 16.0. Not sure what else I should be looking at from that perspective.

I was able to open the info.plist with no problems. I did not get a message to upgrade anything.

Not sure if that info helps much. I appreciate the help.

I don't know what's going on here, but a couple of things to look at:

— If you're running the 15.3-built project on simulators or devices that you've previously tested on, try deleting the previous installation of that app before running it from Xcode. It's possible there are installation artifacts left from previously debugging cycles, which might not be deleted via the Xcode installation cycle.

— It's possible your plist has some keys that were (for example) added manually in the long-forgotten past, which are not relevant and are now being rejected by the latest Xcode version.

Is there some text at the end of that very long error message that gives some clues as to the "underlying" error? Maybe you could post a redacted version of the entire error message?

Also, is this an Xcode project that you created directly, or is it perhaps a project generated by some other development environment?

So it seems it might have to do with google ads. At the end of the text there is a reference to a file that would equate with this.

Couldn't stat /Users/kenboonejr/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/9DA22E46-E160-4BE4-80A8-C314BDE04F81/data/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.anOIq9/extracted/Payload/Pigeon Forge Pocket Guide.app/Frameworks/GoogleMobileAds.framework/Info.plist: No such file or directory User Info: { DVTErrorCreationDateKey = "2024-04-27 14:42:03 +0000"; IDERunOperationFailingWorker = IDELaunchiPhoneSimulatorLauncher; SimCallingSelector = "installApplication:withOptions:error:"; }

I do get this error message on the simulator no matter which phone type I run it on.

This is a travel companion app that I wrote directly. I am no expert in this by any means though. I have another travel companion app that is just like this but a few revisions behind and it is kicking out the same error message.

I downloaded Xcode 15.2 and it works fine in that. Go figure.