Duplicate Apps???

I noticed that I have duplicate Apps on my iPhone! I've signed up for the Public Beta program, so this might be a feature/bug in the Beta. What I first noticed was that one of my apps showed up in the Doc (I don't remember putting it there) a few days ago, and in looking around, I still have the same app in a folder on my home screen. I thought this could be a nice feature allowing me quick access to it from the Dock and from my folder, but it wasn't the app that I'd want there. I thought I might be able to move it off the dock and back to the folder, but when I did that, the app showed up twice in the folder! I moved a different app to the dock, and it disappeared from the folder which is what I'd expect. So...if I delete 1 of the duplicates in the folder (or from the dock), will that delete both?

Here you can see the Alula app in both the 'Remote Control' folder and the Dock:

Here too (although the dock is fuzzy because the folder is open):

I moved the app from the dock back to the folder, and now there are two there:

Here's the Public Beta that I'm running

• Please don't just randomly pick a tag for your post. Pick one that reflects the issue you're raising. What does "APFS" have to do with this? Nothing. Please do better next time.

Add a Comment