Xcode Cloud Archive - visionOS fails with Info.plist errors?

Today I have tried to add a second archive action for visionOS. I had added a visionOS destination to my app target a while back and can build and archive my app for visionOS in Xcode 15.3 locally, and also run it on the device.

Xcode Cloud is giving me the following errors in the Archive - visionOS action (Archive - iOS works):

Invalid Info.plist value. The value for the key 'DTPlatformName' in bundle MyApp.app is invalid.

Invalid sdk value. The value provided for the sdk portion of LC_BUILD_VERSION in MyApp.app/MyApp is 17.4 which is greater than the maximum allowed value of 1.2.

This bundle is invalid. The value provided for the key MinimumOSVersion '17.0' is not acceptable.

Type Mismatch. The value for the Info.plist key CFBundleIcons.CFBundlePrimaryIcon is not of the required type for that key. See the Information Property List Key Reference at https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/general/Reference/InfoPlistKeyReference/Introduction/Introduction.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40009248-SW1

All 4 errors are annotated with "Prepare Build for App Store Connect" and I get them for both "TestFlight (Internal Testing Only)" and "TestFlight and App Store" deployment preparation options.

I have tried to remove the visionOS destination and add it back, but this is not changing the project at all.

Any ideas what I am missing?

Replies

I have been able to also reproduce the issue with a Xcode 15.3 template project after adding Apple Vision as a supported destination, configuring Xcode Cloud and adding a TestFlight post-action (without the post-action, the archives succeed). Submitted FB13774427 (Xcode Cloud visionOS archive action fails for iOS template project with Apple Vision added as supported destination.) as this might be a bug. Anybody successfully building these visionOS/iOS hybrid apps with current version Xcode Cloud after including a TestFlight post-action?

The following email references ITMS error numbers:

TMS-90508: Invalid Info.plist value - The value for the key 'DTPlatformName' in bundle DualUse.app is invalid.

ITMS-90039: Type Mismatch - The value for the Info.plist key CFBundleIcons.CFBundlePrimaryIcon is not of the required type for that key. See the Information Property List Key Reference at https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/general/Reference/InfoPlistKeyReference/Introduction/Introduction.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40009248-SW1

ITMS-90068: This bundle is invalid - The value provided for the key MinimumOSVersion '17.4' is not acceptable.

ITMS-90512: Invalid sdk value - The value provided for the sdk portion of LC_BUILD_VERSION in DualUse.app/DualUse is 17.4 which is greater than the maximum allowed value of 1.2.

Same here, after adding visionOS as target to my iOS app, I get the same error messages after xcode cloud finishes running

I found a workaround, if you set visionOS as the BASE SDK, it succeeds