Implementing Screen Time API’s .all(except:) Policy for Selective App Restrictions

Hi there,

I'm currently working with the Screen Time API using the family controls package to manage application usage on iOS devices. I want to block access to all applications except those specifically allowed by the user. While the ManagedSettingsStore.shield.applications method works for defining apps to block. However, integrating the .all(except:) from ShieldSettings.ActivityCategoryPolicy.all(except:) is unfortunately not working for me.

Here is my code snippit. Can anyone help out? And if anyone has examples of similar implementations or tips on best practices for using the Screen Time API for such scenarios, please let me know!

class ShieldManager: NSObject, ObservableObject, NFCNDEFReaderSessionDelegate {
    @Published var discouragedSelections = FamilyActivitySelection()

private let store = ManagedSettingsStore()

func shieldActivities() {
        // Clear to reset previous settings
        store.clearAllSettings()

// This is an array with the app and category selection
        let applications = discouragedSelections.applicationTokens
        let categories = discouragedSelections.categoryTokens
        //

//https://developer.apple.com/documentation/managedsettings/shieldsettings/activitycategorypolicy
        store.shield.applications = applications.isEmpty ? nil : applications
        store.shield.applicationCategories = categories.isEmpty ? nil : .specific(categories)
        store.shield.webDomainCategories = categories.isEmpty ? nil : .specific(categories)
    }

f