Unable to load MKMapView from AppKit bundle in Catalyst app

I am trying to load an auxiliary window from an AppKit bundle that loads a NSViewController from a storyboard. This NSViewController displays a MKMapView.

I want to avoid supporting multiple windows from my Catalyst app so I do not want to load this window via a SceneDelegate, and that is why I have chosen to go the AppKit bundle route.

If I load a similar view controller which contains a single label, then all works as expected.

However, if I try to load a view controller with the MKMapView, I get the following error after crashing:

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[MKMapView nsli_piercingToken]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x15410f600'

DropBox link to sample app with buttons on a view to select either the "Map View" (crashing) or the "Label View" (working):

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/q9daurhzqvil9o2ry6k1t/CatalystMap.zip?rlkey=yjbqfn6uxfrfh1jgsdavagta7&dl=0

• This seems to be related to layout constraints on the map view in the storyboard. If I remove the layout constraints on the map view, then I get a different error:

-[MKMapView _recursiveClearViewWillDidDisappearOnMoveToWindow]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x12b92dc00

Add a Comment