Using Debugging and Performance Analysis Tools
Xcode provides the tools you need to make sure that your code is correct, performs well, and uses resources appropriately. Learn how to efficiently discover and resolve issues with your app.
- Xcode Overview: Using the Debugger
- Xcode Overview: Using Unit Tests
- Xcode Help: Analyze your code for potential flaws
- Instruments Help: Find memory leaks
- Instruments Help
Finding and Using Crash Reports
Get the basics on how to use crash reports to identify bugs.
- View build status and metrics
- Understanding and Analyzing App Crash Reports
- How to Match a Crash Report to a Build
Managing Performance and Memory
Optimizing the performance and memory management of your app ensures a quality experience for users and satisfies App Review Guideline requirements for the App Store and Mac App Store. Get tips on how to tune your app, find memory leaks, and eliminate performance issues.
- Performance Overview
- Memory Usage Performance Guidelines
- Advanced Memory Management Programming Guide
Debugging Apps That Have Been Submitted or Deployed
To reproduce bugs that appear in the submitted build of your app, use the Archive feature in Xcode to test the exact build of your app that was submitted to the App Store or Mac App Store. Find out more about this and other processes to resolve issues reported by users or App Review.
- Xcode Help: Distribute to registered devices
- How to reproduce bugs reported against Mac App Store submissions
- How to reproduce bugs reported against App Store submissions
- Debugging Deployed iOS Apps
- App crashes when launched by user, but does not crash in Xcode
- Testing iOS App Updates
More Tips and Techniques
Learn about additional tools and advanced debugging techniques.