Xcode 12 Documentation window closes Xcode

Apple Recommended

Replies

I did the same as Gerrit. My download called itself Version 12.0 (12A7209), just like App Store version, but the documentation reader works properly. Sigh!
okay I will grab the GM -- thanks.

I did the same as Gerrit. My download called itself Version 12.0 (12A7209), just like App Store version, but the documentation reader works properly. Sigh!

@TallBassett — did you install the downloaded GM version directly over the App Store version, or did you uninstall the App Store version first?
Time for an emergency patch, Apple!
I also confirm that downloading and installing Xcode_12.xip from the developer website corrects the problem with crashing Xcode when trying to open developer documentation.
Got the same issue.
Same situation, just updating form the App Store. The Version is 12.0 (12A7209)
Same issue, running on Catalina 10.15.6
same =|
Same here, also for the AppStore-version. :(
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of mrtz Down vote reply of mrtz
Here is what worked for me to resolve this. Trashed AppStore XCode 12, downloaded XCode 12 xip from Dev Downloads section (GM build no longer available). Also downloaded and installed XCode 12 cmd line tools but they probably have nothing to do with this. Its exact same build as AppStore one but for some reason it just works, no more crashes accessing docs. Likely has something to do with AppStore delivery or specific way/s it installs XCode.
Same, and solved with the non-App Store version. Both show build as 12A7209, but the App Store version shows a Created date of Aug 25 vs Sept 9.
same issue here...
Submitted bug report FB8710561 for this issue
Got the same issue.