Xcode 12 Documentation window closes Xcode

Apple Recommended

Replies

same too...
And nothing from Apple? Nice!
I download this f@#rd update 3 times! 8Gb, after it started to download 11Gb, and one more time 8Gb. In country where I'm now each 1Gb cost 1Euro who will return money to me for this piece of shit? And finally – I can't use Developer Documentation. As I see it's not only one problem in this version.
So, for this "free" software I pay $99 per year for development program, 1 euro per gb each time than they put update (why update for Android Studio it's around 800Mb and Xcode at least 6Gb?) and also they take 30% from each payment inside application or for sell application to customer. Look like you are lost something useful, Apple called conscience.
Same here as well. I didn't even ask for XCode 12.0 but Apple installed it when I wasn't looking. This is a very basic function that crashes. Does Apple no longer test their own code? Come on guys - you are meant to be professionals.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of tjd Down vote reply of tjd
Same here
Same here. Crashes on all ways I try to open the documentation. command-shift-0, right-click, option click or help menu > documentation
I have same problem too. Apple, please, get us a hot fix.
Yes, I have the same problem. Code completion is not always working also.
Good to know that I'm not the only one that has this problem.
What a calamity, they are at their 12th version of the development tool in 20 years counting project builder and at each version they say: "Improved stability" and we are now at more than 30GB to download because of a crash when we ask for the documentation. Yes to just ask for documentation. We don't count the 3 or 4 tasks in parallel at 100% cpu usage each on machines producing teraflops power just to check the Swift syntax. This is the clearest illustration of Peter's complex. In fact, the more apple earns money the more their products degrade. I know this because I follow them from NeXT computer. And I'm not talking about their disastrous reactivity, drowning in bureaucracy like a mammoth.

I can't confirm it works on manually downloaded version. It crashes consistently on documentation as well on 12.0 (12A7209) downloaded directly out of the AppStore.

Is that only for me?
Same for me, Xcode 12 crashing when trying to access documentation.
Same problem, wasting developers' time is killing people!
Same here, App Store version 12A7209
Still no fix from apple.