Handoff not working on M1 Mac and 12 pro

My handoff/airplay devices are iPone 12 Pro (IOS 14.2.1), iPhone X(iOS 14.2), M1 MacBook Pro 2020 (Big Sur 11.0.1) and apple watch series 5. 
iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone X can detect handoff from each other;But they both can't detect handoff from MacBook Pro(Big Sur 11.0.1). 

I've tried all troubleshooting in all devices. 

Replies

not working here either. Have spent 3 weeks on the phone with Apple T2 level support. We have accomplished NOTHING.
I am also experiencing this issue. I also seem to have issues with my AirPods Pro becoming unpaired. I have a feeling that there is a breakdown somewhere between iCloud and Bluetooth that might be causing this.
Same here, M1 Air (macOS 11.1) does not global copy to iPhone XS or iPad Pro 11 (ipadOS 14.3 and iOS 14.3), other handoff feature (taking over apps) does not work either. :(
Same here, not working with AirPod pro and either AirPod max

I am also experiencing this same issue since installing 11.1. I either have to sign out of my Apple ID and sign back in or it sometimes works after toggling the handoff setting in general. I am using a M1 MacBook Air with an iPad pro late 2018 & iPhone 11 Pro max both on 14.3. My main issues have been with the copy & paste functionality being lost & also other handoff features with native apps.
  • Same issues here, MacBook Pro 2021 M1 and iPhone 12. If I toggle handoff off on both devices, turn the phone off and on again, and turn handoff on again on both devices, they sync again. The problem is that they constantly lose sync and restarting the iPhone every two weeks during work hours is a pain in the neck.

Add a Comment
Had the exact same problem! Unable to Handoff from clipboard & native apps not seen by other device.
MacBook Pro M1, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 14.3

So, I tried advice Zuuti provided. Toggled Handoff on both devices, individually, with no joy.
I then turned off Handoff on iPhone, rebooted, turned back on..., JOY!
Clipboard Handoff back to working flawlessly, and both devices offer their currently used app/browser page to the other device.

Don't have time to add other devices to this Handoff 'fix' test, but will do so soon.

• Your solution worked! Thank you!

• thanks bro it worked!

Add a Comment
Bross2904! Thanks! now it works for me!

I had the same problem, (new mac book air m1) I tried the turning handoff on and off and restarting solution, but it did not work for me. I fixed it by turning on iphone hotspot via the macbook wifi menu. once it connected for the first time the handoff got fixed

• This worked! Thank you.

• turning on iphone hotspot via the macbook wifi menu

how did you do that?

I tried on and off - not working

Add a Comment

Rebooted both devices. Turned on and off wi-fi and bluetooth on both devices. Worked after that.