2021-6 Missing Info.plist value - A value for the Info.plist key 'CFBundleIconName' is missing in the bundle, even then I include CFBundleIconName.

I develop an APP with Xamarin, Visual Studio.

I publish my app to App Store I got message from Apple.

Dear Developer,

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "*** APP" 1.5.6 (1.5.14). Please correct the following issues, then upload again. ITMS-90713: Missing Info.plist value - A value for the Info.plist key 'CFBundleIconName' is missing in the bundle 'com.XXXX.XXXX'. Apps built with iOS 11 or later SDK must supply app icons in an asset catalog and must also provide a value for this Info.plist key. For more information see http://help.apple.com/xcode/mac/current/#/dev10510b1f7.

Best regards, The App Store Team

My info.plist file include CFBundleIconName. I include CFBundleIconName in my info.plist file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>
	<array>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<integer>2</integer>
	</array>
	<key>UISupportedInterfaceOrientations</key>
	<array>
		<string>UIInterfaceOrientationPortrait</string>
	</array>
	<key>UISupportedInterfaceOrientations~ipad</key>
	<array>
		<string>UIInterfaceOrientationPortrait</string>
		<string>UIInterfaceOrientationPortraitUpsideDown</string>
		<string>UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeLeft</string>
		<string>UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeRight</string>
	</array>
	<key>MinimumOSVersion</key>
	<string>8.0</string>
	<key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>
	<string>MyAppName</string>
	<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
	<string>com.xxxx.xxxx</string>
	<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
	<string>1.5.15</string>
	<key>NSCameraUsageDescription</key>
	<string>This app needs access to the camera to take photos to share your photo to other users.</string>
	<key>NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription</key>
	<string>This app needs access to photos to share your photo to other users.</string>
	<key>NSMicrophoneUsageDescription</key>
	<string>This app needs access to microphone.</string>
	<key>NSPhotoLibraryAddUsageDescription</key>
	<string>This app needs access to the photo gallery.</string>
	<key>UILaunchStoryboardName</key>
	<string>LaunchScreen</string>
	<key>CFBundleName</key>
	<string>MyAPPName</string>
	<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
	<string>1.5.6</string>
	<key>UIStatusBarHidden</key>
	<true/>
	<key>UIRequiresFullScreen</key>
	<true/>
	<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
	<string>en</string>
	<key>CFBundleLocalizations</key>
	<array>
		<string>en</string>
		<string>ja</string>
	</array>
	<key>CFBundleIconName</key>
	<string>Icon-1024.png</string>
	<key>CFBundleIconFiles</key>
	<array>
		<string>Icon-76.png</string>
		<string>Icon-120.png</string>
	</array>
</dict>
</plist>

Apple's message is absolutely useless. Is there any idea?

Replies

Have you added app icons in an asset catalog as suggested in the Apple's message?

Apps built with iOS 11 or later SDK must supply app icons in an asset catalog and must also provide a value for this Info.plist key. For more information see http://help.apple.com/xcode/mac/current/#/dev10510b1f7.

I'm having the same issue with an app that I've successfully published before. I started getting a message that said I was missing some icons which are clearly in my asset catalog.

Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '120x120' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 10.0. To support older versions of iOS, the icon may be required in the bundle outside of an asset catalog. Make sure the Info.plist file includes appropriate entries referencing the file. See https://developer.apple.com/documentation/bundleresources/information_property_list/user_interface
Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '167x167' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions supporting iPad Pro. To support older operating systems, the icon may be required in the bundle outside of an asset catalog. Make sure the Info.plist file includes appropriate entries referencing the file. See https://developer.apple.com/documentation/bundleresources/information_property_list/user_interface
Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '152x152' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 10.0. To support older operating systems, the icon may be required in the bundle outside of an asset catalog. Make sure the Info.plist file includes appropriate entries referencing the file. See https://developer.apple.com/documentation/bundleresources/information_property_list/user_interface

I added the missing images to my resources as bundle resources and added

<key>CFBundleIconName</key>
	<string>AppIcon</string>

to my info.plist. That fixed the message for the missing icons. Now when I publish, I still get a message or email after publish that says CFBundleIconName is still missing.

What's changed???

I have the same problem. Some one can help??

I know this is strange (or normal in the Apple kingdom?), but I had this happening to me the other day, and I finally figured out that my provisioning profile and bundle name weren't matched. When I changed the bundle name to match, the error went away.

@jsureke This issue is currently affecting 2 projects, both of which I've previously published to Test Flight successfully. Both projects match my profiles.

I am facing same problem

• Hello did anyone ever find a solution to this issue???? I have a somewhat similar issue in which it states that the AppIcon is missing...and its clearly in the files. This worked find in June the last time I uploaded to Testflight.

Add a Comment

Hello did anyone ever find a solution to this? I am having in issue stating the App Icon is missing when it definitely is not. I am developing on a windows box with a mac build server...using Transporter to upload the IPA file to Testflight. Worked great for over a year and now its not working. Transporter verification throws an error that the app icon is missing

Any solution to this problem? I am facing the same problem while trying to submit my image to testflight. I am using XCode 14.3 (14E222b). And I have tried many solutions that many have mentioned here and in stackoverflow, none of them work. The developer website has been relatively useless. Looks like no-one cares whether the content is useful or not or how to make it useful to developeers... anyway, let me stop complaining and request your help.

I get 3 related errors

1. Asset validation failed

Missing Info.plist value. A value for the Info.plist key 'CFBundleIconName' is missing in the bundle xxxxxx'. Apps built with iOS 11 or later SDK must supply app icons in an asset catalog and must also provide a value for this Info.plist key. For more information see http://help.apple.com/xcode/mac/current/#/dev10510b1f7. (ID: 593168a8-caff-483f-ade6-700c062002d6)

Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '120x120' pixels,...

Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '152x152' pixels

thank you -Vittal

I ran into this problem and after a couple of days of looking for solutions I found the cause. The Preview Assets.xcassets file was in the custom Resources folder, the path to which I specified in BuildSettings - Deployment - Development Assets "myApp/Resources". I created a "Preview Content" folder and moved the Preview Assets.xcassets file into it, also replaced the Development Assets config with "myApp/Resources/Preview Content" and the problem went away. Apple magic.

• Thank you very much I wasted two days to find this. Try so may solutions but finally this is what happen to me. Thank you again :)

• Thank you so much!. I realized I have a mistake about paths. I check App Target - General - Development Assets because of your commnet. I change the default set up that we make a new project file. only add "AppName/Preview Content" then It's sovled

• This worked for me too!

Thank you for your help!

Add a Comment