Can't run Shortcuts scripts (e.g. Run Shell Script) on macOS

Hi! I'm exploring Shortcuts on macOS, and trying to use 'Run Shell Script' in my shortcut, but it terminates with an error 'This shortcut cannot be run because this action is a scripting action and your Shortcuts security settings don’t allow you to run scripting actions'. 'Allow Running Scripts' is enabled, but the shortcut is still not working. What am I doing wrong?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of MaximumQuiet Down vote post of MaximumQuiet
3.1k views
  • Shortcuts settings don't save - error 11:45:27.778636+0400 Shortcuts -[WFSecuredPreferences savePreferences] Permission denied to update secured preference file.

Add a Comment

Replies

I'm experiencing this issue on Ventura (13.2, 22D49). I've tried renaming ~/Library/Shortcuts to force a reset, no luck. My computer is also a "managed" company device, in a Microsoft-centric company. That could also affect the app behaviour. The only thing that works for me is a computer restart. But after a while the problem reappears. So i guess no Shortcuts for me.

Experiencing the same issue, on 13.4 I've had to bail on shortcuts and go back to the much more dependable Automator.