Arcade Options Entitlements for TestFlight Deployment

We're attempting to build and distribute our MacOS game via TestFlight and are met with an error or multiple errors regarding "com.apple.developer.arcade-operations".

Either we exclude the entry from our entitlements file used to sign and get this single error:

ITMS-90769: Invalid Bundle - Apple Arcade apps require the 'com.apple.developer.arcade-operations' entitlement.

Or we add it to the entitlements and get this error:

ITMS-90287: Invalid Code Signing Entitlements - The entitlements in your app bundle signature do not match the ones that are contained in the provisioning profile. The bundle contains a key that is not included in the provisioning profile: 'com.apple.developer.arcade-operations' in 'com.[CompanyIdentifier.GameName].pkg/Payload/[GameName].app/Contents/MacOS/[GameName]'.

We're unsure of how to properly "include the key'' in the provisioning profile. There are no options to do such a thing on the developer.apple website where they're created/editable and I can't just add it to the Entitlements <dict> in the .provisionprofile file itself.

Is there a way we can "add the entitlement to the provisioning profile"? It's a Mac App Store Distribution profile as that's the only one TestFlight is accepting. If we use any other profile we'll get:

ITMS-90283: Invalid Provisioning Profile - The provisioning profile included in the bundle com.[CompanyIdentifier.GameName] [com.[CompanyIdentifier.GameName].pkg/Payload/[GameName].app] is invalid.

Accepted Reply

If anyone comes across this, we've found our solution. The "capabilities" are added via the "Identifiers" page and "Apple Arcade Operations" is available under "Additional Capabilities." Changing this also invalidated all our current provisioning profiles so those needed to be deleted then re-generated.

Replies

If anyone comes across this, we've found our solution. The "capabilities" are added via the "Identifiers" page and "Apple Arcade Operations" is available under "Additional Capabilities." Changing this also invalidated all our current provisioning profiles so those needed to be deleted then re-generated.

I'm glad you found a solution, 3rdGood.

For others, to use special entitlements, you must enable them in the Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles section of your developer account.

For more details, please read Provisioning with managed capabilities

—jasonag.

Edit: Updated to better documentation.

I'm getting the same error: if we don't include the com.apple.developer.arcade-operations entitlement, we're rejected as an Invalid Bundle; if I manually include that entitlement, our provisioning profile is flagged as not including that entitlement.

I can attempt to edit our app identifier on this page, but there is no Apple Arcade Operations option listed.

This only seems to affect our macOS TestFlight uploads; both iOS & tvOS are uploading just fine.