AMD RX GPU Support

Hello,

Not sure this is the correct place, but I just want an update or an answer to support for the AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT on Mac OS? as the newer offering the AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT was quickly supported in Mac OS, yet the RX 6700 XT has been out for longer and no support still

to add the RX 6800, RX 6800 XT and RX 6900 XT are all supported as well

RX 6600 XT was released August 2021 and was supported in Mac OS Monterey 12.1

RX 6700 XT was released, March 2021 and is still not supported even in Mac OS Monterey 12.3 beta

Is there any plans for supporting this GPU going forward? as the on going shortage it makes it harder to find GPUs in this range

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of AMDFan Down vote post of AMDFan
15k views

Replies

Hi, unfortunately we don’t generally discuss what hardware will or won’t be supported in the future. The only thing you can do is to file a feature request on Feedback assistant asking for support for this GPU. If you do that, please post the feedback ID here for the record.

• Requested: FB9975423

• I am also waiting for a driver for the AMD6700XT...

Add a Comment

Hello,

As requested, I've filed a feature request under Feedback ID FB9879875

Thank you for the advice and if you have any sway please could this GPU be added to MacOS

Don’t waste your time with Apple, they won’t respond. I tried getting a response for nearly two months on this matter and nothing…

Unofficial feedback I’ve had is that AMD Radeon 6700 XT won’t be supported on macOS.

The 6000 series cards that are currently supported all have an equivalent professional card ie AMD Radeon 6600 XT has equivalent AMD Radeon Pro W6600. The 6700 XT is the only graphics card that does not have a Pro version.

I doubt very much Apple will go out of their way to produce driver/kext support, when all their energy is focused on development for their in-house chips.

I am also still waiting for the driver for AMD 6700xt cards. Feature request ID: FB9934329

I am also waiting for a driver for the AMD6700XT. Feature Request is FB9941975

I am also waiting for a driver for the AMD6700XT. Feature Request is

• I am also waiting for a driver for the AMD6700XT. Feature Request is

Add a Comment

Hello, Any update?

Just sent a request for adding GPU support for AMD 6950 XT. please do it. It should be an easy fix. :)

FB10101942

I am also waiting for a driver for the AMD6700XT please add support for 6700 xt

We need RX 6700 XT support in Ventura.

RX 6750 XT is a very good mid graphic card. Please Apple dev, update your kext for navi 22 as soon.

Thanks

Please ad the RX 6700 XT to the dirvers list. The card is actuall a very good midrange card what is payable

Thx a lot

Any update is the 6700xt supported on max is Ventura. One razer core x website it says 6700xt is supported which is confusing

Please also add the AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT to the drivers list. This is the Feature ID Request: FB11844951

Please ad the RX 6700 XT to the dirvers list. The card is actuall a very good midrange card what is payable