Siri does not work on ios 16

i tried to call my girlfriend using siri and well theres a bug with that she keeps trying to do it but she always fail with every command i gave her, also while using airpods siri doesnt appear at all. im currently on iphone 13 pro

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of gnuj Down vote post of gnuj
24k views
  • You just need to enable dictation in keyboard setting. This will make dictation and Siri start working again

• It didn't work for me

• Same. That also didn't work for me

Replies

Same issue here. Siri just keep saying one sec and theres a problem.

using iphone13promax

• Siri cant find songs on ios 16 by saying (name the song)

• I am having the same issue since updating to iOS 16.0.2 I was so excited to see the 16.0.3 come out and that didn’t fix the Siri issue. I have tried everything I can think of to use it but nothing aha worked. Siri doesn’t work on my phone or in the car. It’s definitely a phone issue because my car has been updated and Siri doesn’t work outside of the car either. Please fix this soon. My phone isn’t that old so it shouldn’t be that I need a new phone.

• siri is not working properly in my iphone 13 after updates. Its just don't answer even after several try

Add a Comment

Thanks for your post! These forums are focused on Apple developer technologies. If you want to file a bug report, the best place to do that is in Feedback Assistant on your iOS device. Feedback Assistant can attach diagnostics that make it easier for Apple engineers to track down the issue.

• If you are an apple employee you should know the in fighting within the siri team and access to consumer experience data. There is no place to leave a proper complaint or feedback which will ever be seen let alone addressed matters filed. Best of luck gents

Add a Comment

Same issue for me. Currently on beta 2 and every attempt at Siri on my phone says “one sec” or “sorry something went wrong…” I have filled out the feedback form. It’s super annoying. My watch works just fine.

on my side it's worse, Siri just doesn't answer when I call her. Even after several reconfiguration still no response. The only way is to do it manually using the side button. im sure iphone 11

• Same the « Hey Siri » doesn’t work since beta 2 and is still not working on beta 3 launched today on 6th of July ! That so annoying it was usable in 1 but very buggy without being able to do a lot of things but at least Siri was answering your calls ! Apple really did a bad job with iOS 16 to me they should have waited summertime to present it or to make dev beta tbh.

• Yeah same problem with me

Add a Comment

Same on iOS 16 since beta 2 « Hey Siri » doesn’t work and it didn’t helped with beta 3 that just didnt corrected this bug. Siri doesn’t translate anymore, he keep saying wait and then the Siri logo become smaller and he just stop doing his job. Apple really made the worst iOS ever, what a shame in 2022 to do this kind of OS this laggy and buggy ! I’m on my iPhone 13 Pro Max btw.

I downloaded beta 3 and still have issues. I am currently downgrading back to iOS 15.5 to see if this resolves it. Other than this Siri issue, which I logged in the Feedback app, iOS 16 has been good.

I have the same issue. Siri is completely non functional on iOS 16 dev beta 3 – when language is set to English (US).

Changing language to English (UK) resolves the bug.

• Thank you for this. This worked for me and to add. If you switch back to the United States, then it will work perfectly.

• This worked for me. I switched it to UK then back to US.

• This worked for me! I spent hours last night with the trouble shooting I found elsewhere and nothing worked.

Same here, my iPhone 12 has iOS 16 dev beta 3 and Siri just says “one sec…. Still working… sorry, something went wrong, please try again” and every time it never works

Same

The probably the biggest beta outage ever.

Installed beta 4 today and still can’t use Siri / dictation. Very frustrating…everything else is working great.

Same on iOS 16 since beta 2 « Hey Siri » doesn’t work and it didn’t helped with beta 3 that just didnt corrected this bug. Siri doesn’t translate anymore, he keep saying wait and then the Siri logo become smaller and he just stop doing his job. Apple really made the worst iOS ever, what a shame in 2022 to do this kind of OS this laggy and buggy ! I’m on my iPad btw.

Mine just stopped working w/ restart, turning them on and off and more, there seems to be a lot of bugs with iOS 16 (Apple Music, Apple TV, Siri, lock screen, bluetooth issues, but they’re getting ignored so Tim Apple can rush an update out the door ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Same here. Dictation is not working not recognize anything. It's RC and will be released one day later but still have such kind of bug

• I"m having the same problem as well. including siri.

Add a Comment

Neither Sire or Dictation are working after installing OS16beta and now, with 16.0 (20A362), they're still not working. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? thanks

• I resolved this on. I tried everything from resetting my network settings, downgrading back to iOS 15.... nothing worked. What I did was backup my iphone first, then I restarted my phone as if it were a new device. After doing this Siri did work perfectly as expected. However, it was like a new phone (no contacts photos music). I went through the restart process again, this time using my last backup. Siri worked and my phone was back to normal :)

• If I were to do this it would cost me a day to reinstall everything back and have the apps logged-in and set properly. My phone is next to my assistant...from navigation to appointments to house management. I hope there is another workaround for this issue. Glad to read there is some solution though...might be useful for some. Thank you for sharing.

• same issue