5G unavailable in iPad OS 16.2 beta(India)

I updated my new iPad to iPad OS 16.2 beta 4, however, I don't see an option to enable 5G in cellular options. I guess this is not an issue with the carrier(Airtel) because I was able to use 5G in iPhone 12 running on iOS 16.2 beta. Anyone from India successful in trying out 5G in their iPad using beta s/w?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of aravindun Down vote post of aravindun
4k views
  • Same here I pad using iPad Pro 3rd Gen tried both Jio and Airtel not showing 5G , I am little frustrated when Apple will fix this issue

• Same issue!

• Airtel 5G available in iPad mini after ipad OS 16.4 update

Add a Comment

Replies

I’m facing the same issue. Need a solution.

• Same problem with me.

Add a Comment

I have updated my iphone13 with latest IOS 16.2 yesterday. But not able to connect with Airtel 5G. There is no voice and data option

• If your iPhone is one of the following supported models listed by Airtel: 12 series, 13 series, SE 2022 or 14 series, open the Airtel Thanks app and scroll down on the "manage" tab to find "5GPlus Check if your phone is 5G enabled".If the test result is "Great News! Enable 5G from Settings", find 5G enabling settings on your iPhone by opening "Settings" -> "Mobile Data" -> "Mobile Data Options" -> "Voice & Data". Then select and save the desired 5G settings.

Hope this helps.

Add a Comment

Same here

Same here. Seems Airtel has not yet enabled it for tablets.

Same here, Did anyone found the solution? I tried the Jio sim as well but that also didnt show options.

• Jio just enabled it, 5g is working on my iPad Air 5th gen. I’m on 16.5 btw

Add a Comment

Same here. My iPad pro m1 2021 model updated with iPad OS 16.2 official. Still no luck with Airtel 5g

Same here I trying on my iPad Pro 12.9 m1 and iPad mini only 4g or lte showing no 5g option

I too have same issue with version 16.3 in airtel

Same here.

same issue, have ipad pro m1 wifi/cellular and 5g is not available in the settings, have tried with both airtel and jio both of which work good in my area on samsung s22 ultra as well as iphone 13 pro max, went to future world apple service center in vegas mall, dwarka, new delhi ... they kept the ipad for 3 days and then asked me to contact apple care, they transferred to "SENIOR Support Guy" and he magically came to a conclusion that I should call jio/airtel, complain to them then get their complaint number, share it with apple and then they will talk to airtel/jio guys and see what the issue is.

bull shit ... anyone facing the issues here in Delhi ???

• Same answer by apple support team to me also

Add a Comment

Apple is redirecting me to carrier and Airtel customer support is clueless This is ridiculous considering iPads are really expensive Pro devices please fix this ASAP!!!

Device- 2022 m2 11” iPad Pro

Airtel doesn't have a clue on what to reply to my complaint on this issue. I have iPadOS 16.3 and model is MHR43HN/A and 5G is not visible in Cellular settings.

• How did u contact Airtel literally not able to speak to anyone and their twitter is useless

Add a Comment

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212287

India don’t have 5g for Ipad. Devices may be compatible but carrier support is still missing.

Any update with iPadOS 16.4 beta

I have updated my iPad Pro 11-inch, 3rd Generation (Model: MHW53HN/A) to iPadOS 16.3.1 and still unable to access 5G services on either Airtel or Jio. Raised a complaint to Airtel technical team, who are clueless and asked me to contact Apple service center. Seems like both Apple and Airtel currently, don't have a solution to this problem.