"Couldn’t communicate with a helper application" error when uploading archive to notary service

I'm getting a "Couldn’t communicate with a helper application" error when uploading archive to notary service from Xcode.

Xcode v14.2. MacOS 13.2.1.

Tried booting from safe mode, re-installing Xcode, re-installing OS. Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks :)

Accepted Reply

Did this previously work? Or is this the first time you’re tried notarising with Xcode?

If you select Developer ID > Export rather than Developer ID > Upload, are you able to export the app? That’ll tell us whether this is a problem with the code signing or the notarisation.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• First time, yes. And yes, I can export and sign just normally!

Add a Comment

Replies

Yes, the issue for me was agreements that need to be signed in your developer account. Xcode 15. It'd be nice if it wasn't such a misleading error message.

As of Jan 2024 this one bit me. Same ambiguous error. Luckily I found this comment before having to go through the steps that Eskimo kindly suggested. Headed over to developer agreements and there was yet another agreement that needed to be signed. Something about promising that my app would be carbon neutral or some other nonsense. As u/swampert stated, it worked just fine in about 6 minutes.

After you accept the latest developer agreement, there is a 5-10 minute delay before this error resolves.

I've contacted Ken Orr directly to request a fix. I've reported this issue for years and the Radars are just getting ignored...like all Radars. Hopefully putting a spotlight on this with the head of Developer Tools will get it addressed.