FileProvider Extension not working when code signed

My project has a base app which is manually signed, inside I have a FileProvider parent app and extension.

When things works elegantly in Xcode debug build when I run FP App. But, when I package it, the FileProvider can't mount, fails with a generic error on parent app

(Error Domain=NSFileProviderErrorDomain Code=-2001 "The application cannot be used right now." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=The application cannot be used right now.}

Another generic error in FileProvider demon

fileproviderd(488) deny(1) file-read-data /Applications/XYZ.app/Contents/Resources/FileFP.app

How to solve this?

Replies

I am also running into similar issue, @Kathiresan-A did you managed to find a solution to this ?

I also had this problem for a long time. Please do a deep dive on proper signing and notarization. Personally for me what fixed it was that I was providing the wrong provisioning profile so the notarization was failing. Turns out I needed a Distribution provisioning profile as opposed to a Developer provisioning profile. Also beware that if you sign an extension, package it within an app, then sign the app, then the extension signature will be overridden and possibly invalidated.