ios 17 Battery Drain

I am on iphone 14 pro and latest ios 17 beta, have tremendous battery drain. In few hours below 20%. Any help or suggestion ?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of massimogippa Down vote post of massimogippa
28k views
  • iPhone 13 upgraded to 17.0.3. Battery drained from 100% to 70 within a few hours. Faster than usually

Add a Comment

Replies

Same issue but it is expected as always in early stages of beta. Try low power mode or if you dont want to do that use beta not on your daily driven iphone. I noticed from %44 to %37 sudden drop. so maybe it is reporting not properly.

I am having the same issue, went to settings battery usage, and it reported the HomeKit widget was consuming 30% of my battery. I removed the widget, it's much better however still in early beta drain land.

Hi, my iphone 12 pro consumes 80% battery in 4 hours. In my case 70% of battery drain seems related to MAIL it consumes the 70% of battery. mail has 13 accounts

hope the next beta be out asap

Fabrizio

Hi, same issue on my iphone 13... 20% in 2 hours....

I've taken an in-depth look at this. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max.

I investigated the issue and found out that the mail app drains the battery 100% when charging / at night. Later on I found out that actually the consumption rate is equal on the rest of the day, but due to the fact that I'm using other apps, the battery consumption is shared between them.

So, main culprit: mail app, draining battery in the background, 100%.

I just can't deal with this ATM, I can't remove the Mail app as I need it: I needed to recover my way up to iOS 16.5 unfortunately. The entire OS it's a bit too buggy at this time.

I have a Iphone 14 , 6months old and recently upgraded to ios17 beta. The moment, i installed it I have started facing problems in battery. It is draining very fast within no time. earlier when i was using ios16, my phone's battery used to last 1 day or more than that but now ends in half a day.

I currently have the same problem with an iPhone 14 Pro and 100% battery capacity/health. As if that wasn't enough, I'm seriously worried about the heat generated by the battery. The iPhone is worryingly warm.

Is there any quick fix?

I am having the heat and battery issue on iOS 17 using the iPhone 12 mini

I found a solution for myself - turn off location services! And keep in mind all the time lock your iphone. Looks like automatic screen locking is not working as expected. Now Battery life looks ok on iOS 17.0 Beta and also on watchOS 10.0 Beta.

i cant go up more then 60% - iPhone 14 last ios 17 beta

iPhone 13 pro & watch series 8 - had no problems with beta iOS 17 until 2 days ago. Now consistently overheating and can't keep a charge. Not sure what changed. Any suggestions?

Beta versions has a lot of system monitors running all the time to send data to Apple for system improvement, therefore the battery drains faster. It is normal.

Is the battery drain on ios17 public beta due to the debug code that could be on during this stage?

Same here even with latest public beta. Can barely leave the phone untouched for 4h without charging.

the drain even in low power mode is crazy with the latest public beta. - iPhone 13 mini.

hope that gets fixed before release in a week… if not the iPhone is not usable.

I can see the battery is draining very fast on iPhone 11 as if the battery is dying. It went from 32% to 28% just after 7 minutes of voice call. iOS version: 17.0(21A329)

Also when I put the phone on the charger, it shows charging and stuck there, the battery pct is not increasing and sometimes it goes down when it's plugged!

Everything was working prefectly on iPhone 11 before this upgrade :(