How to distribute Notarized app outside of AppStore.

We have three MAC-OS app which I need to distribute to 100 end user in the same organisation. I had followed the Notarization process given by Apple and successfully notarised it.

After exporting I have ***.app with me. Now, How to prepare the installer file like other apps distributed outside the App Store?

Accepted Reply

Apps distributed outside of the Mac App Store don’t need to use an installer. Most folks with a standalone app ship a zip archive or a disk image. However, you can use an installer if you want.

I have a pair of posts that explain the overall process here:

Read ’em through and post back here if you have follow-up questions.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Hi Eskimo As suggested above, I'm distributing my app in zip format. But stuck in app update?

My app self-detects for the latest version. If yes, then launch other non-appsandbox app that download the latest version, and then replace the old app (in the /Applications directory) with the new one. It works correctly.

But once I made the Updater app a Sandbox app, it did not allow me to replace the app.

Error: You don’t have permission to save the file “ESPlus” in the folder "Applications.”

Add a Comment

Replies

Apps distributed outside of the Mac App Store don’t need to use an installer. Most folks with a standalone app ship a zip archive or a disk image. However, you can use an installer if you want.

I have a pair of posts that explain the overall process here:

Read ’em through and post back here if you have follow-up questions.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Hi Eskimo As suggested above, I'm distributing my app in zip format. But stuck in app update?

My app self-detects for the latest version. If yes, then launch other non-appsandbox app that download the latest version, and then replace the old app (in the /Applications directory) with the new one. It works correctly.

But once I made the Updater app a Sandbox app, it did not allow me to replace the app.

Error: You don’t have permission to save the file “ESPlus” in the folder "Applications.”

Add a Comment