Apple Watch cannot reconnect

None of my existing apps (both in-AppStore and in-development) nor even a brand new WatchOS app can be installed to my Apple Watch. While using Xcode to build and deploy to my Watch, I get this:

”Waiting to reconnect to Apple Watch Xcode will continue when the operation completes.”

However, this dialog persists and never completes.

I’m running all of the latest: MacOS 14 beta 4, Xcode 15 beta 5, Watch OS 10 beta 4, iOS 17 beta 4.

I’ve tried resetting my Watch (with “Erase All” option) and restarting the Mac, the phone and the watch.

Any help?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of CryptoKoa Down vote post of CryptoKoa
9.2k views
  • What do you see as the state of the device in output of xcrun devicectl list devices? What is the output of xcrun devicectl device info ddiServices --device <identifier> --verbose? Can you collect an xcrun devicectl diagnose while this is happening and include it in a bug report?

• Done! FB12845184

• Xcode 15 beta 7 here (still not working). The terminal this time however claims it's paired:

Apple Watch Series 5 *** XXXXXX-EA2A-4FB3-XXXXX-XXXXXXX available (paired) Watch5,2 iPhone 14 Pro Max *** XXXXXXX-0012-XXXXXXX connected (no DDI) iPhone 14 Pro Max (iPhone15,3)

And:

devicectl device info ddiServices --device XXXXXX-EA2A-4FB3-XXXXX-XXXXXXX --verbose

Using verbose logging. ERROR: The operation couldn’t be completed. Operation timed out (NSPOSIXErrorDomain error 60.)

Replies

I'm attempting to unify all of these threads into a single thread via https://forums.developer.apple.com/forums/thread/750801#750801021

I have the reconnect issue too, but I’ve found that restarting the Mac allows the reconnect to occur. Although the reconnect issue reoccurs pretty quickly . I try to do as much as possible using a simulator before using a live watch. I’m making progress with my watchOS app development but it’s still a pain.