Associating App Clips to Apple Map Location

Question: Does anyone have experience or documentation on how to get an App Clip to show on Apple Maps for a location?

What I've tried: I have tried to associate my App Clip with an Apple Maps location. We are working with a physical restaurant that has an Apple Maps location, our full app is listed there but not the App Clip. I've gone through the steps of setting up the Advanced App Clip Experience and giving it the location we want it associated with, and have gone through Apple Business Connect and done all the setup there to get the full app to show with the location, but the app clip still does not show.

I've contacted Apple Support and they gave me the criteria of "The App Clip is hosted within the app" and "The app is associated to the same physical location". When asking for clarification with the first criteria they said they could help and closed the chat.

• Typo in the original post: "When asking for clarification with the first criteria they said they could not help and closed the chat."

We are are currently updating our AASA file to the latest format and I will make a post update if that works. Any additional help, guidance, or documentation would be appreciated, thank you.

Add a Comment