App in App Store does not show up when I type its name in search window

This post relates to FB13684924, which I submitted via Feedback Assistant on 12 March 2024. I regard the matter as urgent, so I thought I would ask if anyone here has had a similar problem and has advice or a workaround. (I have not yet filed a request for technical support: I expect I will do so if I cannot otherwise resolve the problem.)

I will simply cut-and-paste in the text of FB13684924 here -- slightly reformatted, because Feedback Assistant seems not to like paragraphs ...

######## SNIP ########

I presently have an app for the Macintosh in the App Store. Its name is "Peter Pater". When I open the App Store application on a mac, and type "Peter Pater" in the "Search" window, the app does not show up. (I am taking care to make sure to search for Macintosh applications -- my app does not run on other platforms.) Thus there is no way for someone who has heard about my app -- perhaps by word of mouth -- to find it and purchase it.

This behavior is new. The app first reached the app store on February 6, 2024, and for several weeks thereafter it showed up when I typed "Peter Pater" in the "Search" window.

I know the app is still in the App Store, because when I type my own name (as developer) -- "Jay Freeman", or type one of the keywords that I provided when I submitted the app to the App Store, it does appear. (Suitable keywords include "astrogation", "quaternion" and "complex number".)

######## UNSNIP ########

Many thanks for any help or advice.

Replies

It shows up if you remove the space, use an underscore or dash, or surround it with quotes. I have no idea why it won't list it using the title as is. Have you tested listing the name this way as a keyword? I wouldn't think it would be necessary but it might act as a patch until you get a better answer. It may take a day or two to index the new keyword although I have no idea if it takes any time at all.

• Thanks to Bill3D for a useful hint. I have added the information to my Feedback Assistant report. I will try your suggestions presently and will report here what happens.

Add a Comment

I don’t have any insight into your core issue, but I wanted to address this:

because Feedback Assistant seems not to like paragraphs

That’s a bug )-: but there a reasonable workaround. See this post.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"