Trying to drag from app to finder and getting this error: Sandbox extension data required immediately for flavor public.file-url, but failed to obtain.

I'm trying to make a macOS app using SwiftUI that supports dragging arbitrary files from the app into finder. However, I'm getting this error:

"Sandbox extension data required immediately for flavor public.file-url, but failed to obtain."

I'm looking through the entitlements and not finding anything obvious here.

I've tried various forms of NSItemProvider():

Try 1:

let itemProvider = NSItemProvider(item: image.data as NSSecureCoding, typeIdentifier: image.uniformType.identifier)

// Tried presenting as data
itemProvider.registerDataRepresentation(for: .fileURL, visibility: .all) { completion in
}

// Tried presenting as file
itemProvider.registerFileRepresentation(for: .fileURL, visibility: .all) { completion in
}

Try 2:

let itemProvider1 = NSItemProvider(contentsOf: tempFileUrl, contentType: .fileURL)

Tried using this form as well.

In the completion handler for register*Representation(), i'm typically creating a temporary file and returning that.. (either the URL to the file or the data directly, depending on the API):

let tempFileUrl = URL.temporaryDirectory.appending(path: "testfile.png")
_ = tempFileUrl.startAccessingSecurityScopedResource()
defer { tempFileUrl.stopAccessingSecurityScopedResource() }

completion(tempFileUrl as data, nil)  // option 1
completion(data, nil)  // option 2

Disabling App Sandbox in the entitlements file does not work, but the error message goes away. So it seems like I have two problems: some sort of entitlement error and I must be using NSItemProvider() incorrectly.

Anyone have any suggestions? I don't see to many examples out there for supporting exporting files (e.g. images) from an app into Finder.

Thanks!