App removed from App Store due to incompetent reviewers

Got a notice two weeks ago that my app would be removed due to some screenshots that weren't in compliance with the guidelines. Have since then uploaded a new version with screenshots that are in compliance with the guidelines, but the reviewer still decided to reject based on the same guideline.

Wrote a reply to the reviewer 24 hours ago (10 min after the rejection), explaining that the screenshots are in compliance, but still has not gotten a reply. And today the app was removed from sale. How long should one have to wait for a reply from the reviewer?

Have filed an appeal. but that usually takes days, and even weeks. So my app will lose all momentum on the charts!

All because the reviewer is extremely incompetent.

Any ways to speed up the process of getting the new version approved?

Replies

Wrote a reply to the reviewer 24 hours ago (10 min after the rejection), explaining that the screenshots are in compliance

They decide what is compliant. If they say they aren't compliant, then they aren't compliant.

Any ways to speed up the process of getting the new version approved?

I suggest that you just remove all the problematic screenshots for the time being. That should get the app back on the store. Then create new ones that are exactly as they want them. Don't bother appealing or trying to communicate with them in any way.

• I know they decide what is complient. But they have been wrong before, and they are wrong now. I have been successfully appealing rejections before, and even had reviewers change their mind after writing replys. The problem here is the time it takes, which is due to incompetent reviewers.

I might be better off changing it for now and getting an approval. But that will also take more time. Really frustrating!

Add a Comment