What's wrong in my PrivacyInfo file in iOS App? I still recieve a mail with TMS-91053: Missing API declaration when upload an upadte

Hi

I am recieving this mail when I upload an update of my iOS APP:

ITMS-91053: Missing API declaration - Your app’s code in the “mi coche eléctrico” file references one or more APIs that require reasons, including the following API categories: NSPrivacyAccessedAPICategoryUserDefaults. While no action is required at this time, starting May 1, 2024, when you upload a new app or app update, you must include a NSPrivacyAccessedAPITypes array in your app’s privacy manifest to provide approved reasons for these APIs used by your app’s code.

I have created the PrivacyInfo with this information (the requested in mail), but this mail is recieved even with this PrivacyInfo file in the upadatee app.

Any idea what is wrong on it? Thanks in advance

Replies

It could be that your privacy manifest is in the wrong place. It must be in the root folder of your app bundle. You can check to see whether Xcode is finding the manifest by generating your own privacy report.

I originally had mine nested one folder down, and the generated report was empty. When I moved it to the root, the report had the privacy data.

Hi, and thanks for the answer.

The privacy report returns all values but the one stated in the mail "API".

If I put privacy file is in the root folder the same result: same privacy report and error by mail.

Finally the problem was to the "accent" in the root folder name... I found the solution here. It seems to be a bug. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/78333193/whats-wrong-in-my-privacyinfo-file-in-ios-app-i-still-recieve-a-mail-with-tms/78392630#78392630

After removing the accent and change the name in the "bundle display name" and no more problem