Guideline 4.2.2 - Design - Minimum Functionality

Hello,

I would like to publish an application on the discount catalog.

My app rejected.The following explanation has been made.

Any suggestions for a solution?

Guideline 4.2.2 - Design - Minimum Functionality

We noticed that your app’s main functionality is to market your service, with limited or no user-facing interactive features or functionality. Apps that are primarily marketing materials or advertisements are not appropriate for the App Store.

Please see attached screenshots for details.

The next submission of this app may require a longer review time, and this app will not be eligible for an expedited review until this issue is resolved.

Next Steps

- Review the Minimum Functionality section of the App Store Review Guidelines.

- Ensure your app is compliant with all sections of the App Store Review Guidelines and the Terms & Conditions of the Apple Developer Program.

- Once your app is fully compliant, resubmit your app for review.

• I'm in the process of creating an App for my business, which is a Flight School App. The App gives information about the different licenses you can get. I also have a link and a Nav Bar page to go to the Main Site. You can click on the information on licenses. I also have options to email and call from the App? I'm also getting the Guideline 4.2.2 - Design - Minimum Functionality. Am I correct to say, that Apple does not allow for apps to be created for your buiness?

Add a Comment

Replies

There is still no improvement. Should I add a new feature for the app? Why can not I add it as a catalog application?

The last explanation came from the following. They always write the same thing.

4. 2 Design: Minimum Functionality

Hello,

Thank you for your correspondence.

On occasion, there may be apps on the App Store that don't appear to be in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines. We work hard to ensure that the apps on the App Store are in compliance and we try to identify any apps currently on the App Store that may not be. It takes time to identify these occurrences but another app being out of compliance is not a reason for your app to be.

Furthermore, we are not able to provide feedback on app concepts or features, but we recommend evaluating your suggestions against the App Store Review Guidelines, as well as the iOS Developer Program License Agreement (PLA), and the iOS Human Interface Guidelines.

Additionally, if you are considering implementing any of the following functionality, we recommend reviewing all associated reference material and other resources available on Apple Developer for any additional requirements.

- Apple Developer

- Apple Trademarks and Copyrights

- Game Center

- iCloud

- In-App Purchase

You may also choose to post a question in the Apple Developer Forums.

Best regards,

App Store Review

Hi there,

We are having exactly the same problem and, as you already know, Apple is not enough clear in his responses. Did you achieve to publish your app eventually? Any tip or idea about how to fix it?

We really appreciate any advice you might share with us.

Best regards,

Unfortunately, we still can not get a result.

Hi hatice.ekenek ,

Does your app get approved?

I am also facing same issue from past couple of months , they are not clear about the reason why they are rejecting.

I am in same problem. Why apple try to make barriers front of us . I am really getting confused. Can you help us if you figure this problem out. Thank you hatice

I have same issue. Did you find solution?

I have the same issues. what we could do is to change the app design by using the native features of iOS. Make use of the built in iOS interface.

I have not seen those apps, so it is difficult to have an authorized opinion, but IMHO, it is not a question of barrier, it is a question of making the appstore as trustable as possible, by only including apps that bring real value (in Apple's estimate) to the user. There are already miilions apps, they want to make sure new apps have a user value, not only a developer's value.

Just changing user interface will probably not solve the issue.

I have the same issues.

In my apps , share feature and notification feature has been implemented.

I just use H5 show some commodities.

I asked where need to improved by send message in Resolution Center.

They said something useless

My app is already approved, but when I corrected old links and re-submitted, they rejected for the same reason. It doesn't seem right at all for Apple to limit small business apps. My competitors have apps on the Apple store and they are there to make money just like me, just like Apple wants to make money. I provide a valuable service to California residents and Apple won't let customers find me. It seems imperialistic. The Thumbtack app is not providing any real value to anyone, it's marketing the company services. Why are is this (large) company allowed to publish an app and not me? I call BS ...

Any luck? I’m having same issue. I spent almost 3 months to develop and Apple keeps rejecting. Very frustrating 🙁