Updated agreements and guidelines now available
June 5, 2023
The App Store Review Guidelines, the Apple Developer Program License Agreement, and the Apple Developer Agreement have been updated to support updated policies and upcoming features, and to provide clarification. Please review the changes below and accept the updated terms as needed.
App Store Review Guidelines
- Added to 2.5.18: “Apps that contain ads must also include the ability for users to report any inappropriate or age-inappropriate ads.”
- Revised bullet point 11 of 3.1.2(a): “Cellular carrier apps may include auto-renewing music and video subscriptions when purchased in bundles with new cellular data plans, with prior approval by Apple. Other auto-renewing subscriptions may also be included in bundles when purchased with new cellular data plans, with prior approval by Apple, if the cellular carrier apps support in-app purchase for users. Such subscriptions cannot include access to or discounts on consumable items, and the subscriptions must terminate coincident with the cellular data plan.”
- Added to 4.1: “Submitting apps which impersonate other apps or services is considered a violation of the Developer Code of Conduct and may result in removal from the Apple Developer Program.”
- Revised 4.4: “Apps hosting or containing extensions must comply with the App Extension Programming Guide, the Safari App Extensions Guide, or the Safari Web Extensions documentation and should include some functionality, such as help screens and settings interfaces where possible.”
- Revised 4.4.2: “Safari extensions must run on the current version of Safari on the relevant Apple operating system.”
Developer Program License Agreement
- Purpose; Definitions; Sections 2.6, 3.2, 3.3.4, 3.3.38, 3.3.63, 5.1, 6.3, 6.6, 7, 7.3, 7.5, 7.6, 14.2; Attachment 7: Specified requirements and functionality for apps on visionOS.
- Definitions: Updated requirements for Corresponding Products.
- Definitions; Section 3.1: Specified requirements for universities and their Authorized Student Developers.
- Definitions; Section 3.3.62: Specified requirements for use of the Tap to Present ID API.
- Definitions; Sections 3.3.40, 3.3.64, 5.1, 10; Attachment 10: Specified requirements for use of mobile device management (MDM).
- Definitions; Section 3.3.65: Specified requirements for use of the iWork Document Exporting API.
- Definitions; Section 3.3.67: Specified requirements for use of the Sensitive Content Analysis Framework.
- Definitions; Attachment 3: Updated requirements for development of Passes.
- Section 3.3.9: Added requirements for use of third-party SDKs and certain APIs, clarified restrictions on use of data derived from a device.
- Section 3.3.42: Added requirements for use of certain Apple Pay APIs.
- Section 3.3.63: Specified requirements for providing a partially immersive experience in an app.
- Section 3.3.66: Specified requirements for the use of the Shallow Depth and Pressure feature.
- Section 6.7: Added information on App Analytics.
- Attachment 2: Clarified requirements for use of the In-App Purchase API.
Apple Developer Agreement
- Sections 4, 6: Updated requirements for access to and use of pre-release materials.