Installing macOS Big Sur beta

I installed the profile for macOS Big Sur, but I got updated to Catalina beta 10.15.6 beta instead.

Is it possible to install the Big Sur beta already?

Accepted Reply

Here’s the list of macOS Big Sur compatible Macs:

2015 and later MacBook
2013 and later MacBook Air
2013 and later MacBook Pro
2014 and later Mac mini
2014 and later iMac
2017 and later iMac Pro
2013 and later Mac Pro

Replies

Yes, try checking your updates again. After installing the profile I was able to download and install Big Sur Beta.
I want macOS big sur beta

You have to be a paying Apple Developer member. If you aren't, you can sign up for the public beta at beta.apple.com
I'm getting the same issue. Even after restarting the Mac. Maybe server's are overwhelmed at the moment?
Okay, I figured it out. It's called macOS Beta 10.16 instead of macOS Beta 11 in System Preferences after installing profile. Someone didn't get the memo 😂
Have the same problem as atineoSE, I only see the 10.5.6 beta.
@jeshurun I tried refreshing, but it doesn't recheck. How can I force a recheck for updates?
Here’s the list of macOS Big Sur compatible Macs:

2015 and later MacBook
2013 and later MacBook Air
2013 and later MacBook Pro
2014 and later Mac mini
2014 and later iMac
2017 and later iMac Pro
2013 and later Mac Pro
Ok, mine is Late 2012, so no Big Sur support then....
Thank you @CDUVENHORST, of course the problem is that my old MBP is too old. Didn't checked that until you mentioned it.
Same problem here. How to recheck for updates?
MacBook Pro 2017
To recheck for updates press Command-R in the preference pane.
Can Big Sur Beta be installed on an external drive ? Seems the installer is skipping the destination selection option.
I had same issue, but here is how I fixed it.
First, make sure your device is on the list that allows for the beta version.
Second, download the 10.16 beta (Yes, the Mac Big Sur is using this name for beta version, not MacOS 11)
Third, after downloading the "Install macOS Beta", manually run the app and install it even you have upgraded to the 10.15.6 version.
Through the three steps, you should be able to upgrgade your Macbook to the latest MacOS 11 beta.
I've not had any issues getting the beta to install.
The issue I have is after.
Once my machine comes up to the login screen it will not allow me to login.
When I go to login with the password the password field does the little bounce back and forth thing like I've typed it in wrong.
After so many times of doing this it tells me I can reset my password via my apple id.
When I try that it then pops up a keychain screen telling me to track down my last known password through keychain.
To see if it was maybe something with how the local login account is interfacing with my apple id I restored my device back to Catalina and created just a local account bypassing and not entering ANY apple id information.
Multiple reboots and can login just fine.
Then redownloaded and installed the big sur beta update.
Same issue
Upon coming to the login screen, I type in the password, and the password field just "jiggles" around like I've typed in the password incorrectly.