iPadOS 14 Scribble language support

Hello there,

Does Scribble on iPadOS 14 support languages other than English? I tried switching to the Korean keyboard and when I write, it tries to convert to the English characters. If not currently, does Apple plan on supporting other languages for Scribble in the future? I think that would be a great addition.

Thank you.

Replies

English, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, and Cantonese are supported with Scribble
Hi, I just want to know if there are any updates on this. Is there a release date for Spanish support? Also, will it ever be multi-language recognition?

Thanks
I think they will be silent again all the time before they present it again with great pomp
What about Portuguese? Such nice feature deserves a more broad audience.
Would be really great to have dual-language support. I often switch from one language to another.
Or at least have a shortcut gesture to switch the language.
Also, more languages would be nice too..
yes, supporting Korean in Scribble would be great. To be honest, I expected this to be included when I bought it... am surprised it’s not.
It wouldnt even be that difficult, they could add an option to input your own handwriting letter by letter and then it could just stitch them together knowing your handwriting to better understand what you want to write.
Japanese would also be a great addition and wouldn’t be much of a stretch given it uses Chinese characters!
Thai language also would be great.
Indonesian also please. I think it would not be so difficult since it has the same alphabet as English.
  • Betul Betul betul Up

Add a Comment
How about Italian, Bulgarian, Russian?

Alphabets in Europe are pretty similar. The linguistic problems must already have been solved by the likes of Google translate. The biggest difficulty must be training the models by hiring 50 people per language to write stuff and then analyzing their writing.

Hell, that must be doable for an enormously rich company like Apple.

But I think they'll instead roll out a few languages on every iOS release... It will take years.
It doesn't even detect other languages even if using the same alphabet for instance if,, write something in French and the word a has letters, similar to English word then it auto correct to which is annoying.
Please do this! By switching keyboards then writing in that language it would be an amazing feature especially for language learners
OCR (optical character recognition) has been around for 50 years and is pretty much the same thing: Catch a pixel representation of a written text and let a computer interpret it to letters and digits. I'm actually surprised that Apple has the guts to release the feature with support for only two languages, since it made me call the Apple Store for a return of the iPencil I had purchased.
Yes, even my Newton Message Pad can do this in German.