iPadOS 14 Scribble language support

Hello there,

Does Scribble on iPadOS 14 support languages other than English? I tried switching to the Korean keyboard and when I write, it tries to convert to the English characters. If not currently, does Apple plan on supporting other languages for Scribble in the future? I think that would be a great addition.

Thank you.

Replies

The app "Nebo" can do it, so why not Scribble?
I think "Nebo" recognizes 50+ language.
When Hebrew will be support as a language that we will be write in Apple Pencil?
Would be very important to show interest in other cultures and languages if apple wants to dominate global markets.it simply does not make any sense to be English centric. The lack of interest in other languages makes, for example companies like facebook be responsible for the Roinghya genocide as no one in the company understood birman. In a country where every communication was using facebook platform. These are obviously extreme consequences but never the less we communicate if we don't do it efficiently the consequences might be dramatic. Would love that this pencil would recognise Portuguese a language used by hundreds of million’s of apple users
If you cannot develop it, then buy one
I was hoping to use Scribble in the Duolingo app for learning Turkish. However, my iPad language settings are English, and Scribble does not recognise non-English characters, like ü.

When I hand write “köpek”, I expect to see the text köpek. However, Scribble maps my input to “kopek”, dropping the very important umlaut on the o.

The bug breaks my learning immersion. I can’t begin to imagine how frustrating it is for genuine multilingual people using Apple Scribble to hand write in more than one language.

I’ve only had the ipad + pencil for two days, but I can already begin to predict my dissatisfaction.

Not giving me an easy way to map between unique input patterns and binary representation was one of the reasons I dropped macOS in favour of Linux Debian based operating systems on my laptops and desktops in the past. If Apple doesn’t introduce support for multilingual users, I will definitely switch to the first OS / hardware company that does.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of dnck Down vote reply of dnck

I bet they won't support another language in the next 5 years. Lack of localization is what keeps me away from iProduct except this iPad I currently use (which also have localization problem)

For some weird reason my ipad does not allow me to scribble in any other language than german. I'm finnish and quite fluent in english, but my german is really rubbish, so scribble is pretty useless to me.

It has been two years and still no progress on the additional language support for scribble?

Very disappointed that this feature is not available in the Dutch language. I want to use it to enter tasks into Microsoft todo with my Apple Pencil combined with taking my notes in Notability. A must have feature when to optimise your workflow with Apple Pencil.

It would be nice to have also Polish language supported.

Please add Hebrew support

Vietnamese as well.