Redeeming code stucks very often after pressing "Redeem offer code"

Hello,

we are facing an issue, that the Code Redemption Sheet is not continuing correctly. Sometimes its just disabling the "Redeem" button and nothing happens for a while.

After a while the button gets enabled again and you can press the button again. Sometimes its working then, sometimes not.

Furthermore after the button action works and the payment method was chosen, the same issue can happen again. Its doing nothing for a while and you have to start again.

The app has the target SDK iOS 14 and uses SwiftUI.

We just display the Code Redemption Sheet by using this snippet:

SKPaymentQueue.default().presentCodeRedemptionSheet()

The screenshot show the "stuck" behavior. The button is disabled and nothing is happening for a while. The code itself is fine and it is working.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of appsoluts Down vote post of appsoluts
6.9k views

Replies

I have similar issues. The modal takes the user all the way through the redeem workflow, asks them to double click to confirm subscription, then resets the Redeem Code screen instead of dismissing. Is this going to be worked on anytime soon? It's literally broken and will cause confusion to any users going through the redeem code UI.

Not to pile on, but seeing the exact same issue...

Does anyone have any kind of tips or tricks to resolve this? Is it just broken and we're at the mercy of someone in Apple dev support deciding to glance at this thread?

This definitely looks like a problem caused by Apple, but I couldn't find official statement or solution so far. I can see that the system redemption sheet eventually times out on the device logs and there is nothing I can do about it, since the redemption sheet is completely out of my control:

AMSPurchaseTask: [799CEF45:E605CC00] === Failed === -> error = Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1001 "The request timed out." UserInfo={AMSStatusCode=0, _NSURLErrorFailingURLSessionTaskErrorKey=LocalDataTask <39158C66-DE10-45C7-92A6-1D1746C5276D>.<1>, NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://p50-buy.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZBuy.woa/wa/buyProduct?guid=000..."

However, I did notice that this time out does not happen often if the same redemption sheet is invoked on top of AppStore instead of my app. Hence, there is one dodgy workaround this issue, which is to launch a URL that will force it to open on AppStore and present the redemption sheet:

https://apps.apple.com/redeem?ctx=offercodes&id=APP_ID

This is opens the same redemption sheet on AppStore as a temporary workaround, but I doubt Apple will ever offer a proper solution...

• Same issue outlined in this discussion. Could you provide some more details on how you were able to open the redemption sheet on top of the app store instead of within the app? We're trying this workaround but haven't been able to figure it out.

Frustrating lack of response/update from Apple to resolve these issues with the offer code process.

Add a Comment

We are still seeing this issue on live app, with active codes. Aside from the extra redemption sheet - has anyone found the root cause?

Same issue here. Following!

1 year of waiting for any kind of suggestion about this... Thanks Apple 👌

Hey, i'm facing the same issue did you find any solutions? thanks.

Hey community, we are facing this issue as well, and it is very frustrating. Did anyone find a solution for this? I am trying to understand why this is caused to some apps but not others.

I've logged a support case but before I found this post.

Has anyone worked out why it works sometimes but other times it fails? Is this affecting all paid apps?

Are there workarounds?

Hello, we're encountering a recurring issue with the Code Redemption Sheet in our app. While it generally works and presents the sheet, there's a problem when entering the code: sometimes, clicking 'Redeem' disables the button, and nothing happens for a while. After multiple attempts, the subscription is successful.

This issue isn't dependent on the iOS version, and it seems to be on Apple's side. Integrating this feature into our app is causing a poor user experience for subscription. I noticed a workaround in the comments suggesting opening the Redemption sheet with a link. Are there any alternative solutions?

Still an issue, I cannot make this work. Out of 2.500 attempts only 56 users managed to redeem a discount code. This is terrible @apple

I ran into this problem in May 2023, and opened a Feedback Assistant Ticket (FB12576800) in July 2023. I just checked yesterday and still no updates from Apple. I reached out last summer via a TSI to Apple DTS and got a minimal response that "the team knows about the issue and is working on it". I hope it gets fixed someday...

Same issue here.

same issue here.

Same issue here. just getting stuck for the first time