XCode 14 compile errors immediately disappear or do not appear at all

I'm unable to use XCode 14 to develop my app because as soon as a compiler error is shown, it is immediately withdrawn from the Issue Navigator pane. This makes it impossible to see what is wrong. The errors are also immediately withdrawn from the editor.

This video shows 3 attempts to compile the project: after the first attempt no error shows, after the second attempt the error shows for a moment then is automatically removed (no mouse or keypress from me), after the third attempt same.

https://youtu.be/bmK_k6oLYpQ

I have tried rebooting, and deleting ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData, to no effect.

• Did you try to suppress the warning about iOS 9 which is no more supported. Set the deployment target to iOS 11 , then try again. You can also have some information in the build log.

• In my case project min level is iOS 12 so that's not it

• Facing same issue, Seems Apple not having UAT team at all for Xcode, Always full of bug

Replies

Deleting DerivedData worked for me. Then I could leave Show Live Issues on

Still present in 14.3.1 Very disturbing and slows up development. Turn off 'live issues' in settings, but you have to build everything to see errors.

Issue occurs in Xcode Version 14.3.1 (14E300c) and is super annoying. Disabling "Live issues" does indeed provide a workaround but not a very nice one... This topic has been open for months... C'mon Apple

Deleting all folders inside DerivedData cleared the issue (Xcode 14.3.1)

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of 0o0 Down vote reply of 0o0

Deleting DerivedData did NOT clear the issue for me, still persisting after that (Xcode 14.3.1). Only switching off Live issues helps. I also experience old errors being still shown even though the project builds successfully, and those errors don't clear anymore. Both these issue slow down development a lot, as I can't trust the error report anymore.

I'm facing the same issue even on Xcode 15 beta. It is not yet solved.

What an incredible bug! On Xcode 14.3.1 and, yes, encountering this error where I build, get to see my compile errors for a second or two, then have them helpfully disappear.

Clearing Derived Data did not fix the issue for me.

This is a very weird Xcode behaviour. After investing several hours of finding what might be causing the Problem, I've noticed that having a custom Configuration name other than "Debug" led to this bug. Make sure that you have a "Debug" configuration and let me know if this would fix it.

• Thank you! This fixed the issue for me. I ca finally have "Show live issues" and get instant feedback as I write my code.

• An additional update on this fix. After removing my custom "Staging" configuration, the issue was resolved. I did an additional test in which I simply closed XCode, restored my "Staging" configuration from my git repo, relaunched XCode and I found the issue didn't re-appear! The issue is now resolved for me and I can keep my custom configurations.

@rradko, thanks a lot mate. Legend!

Add a Comment

In my case I found an easy solution:

Xcode > Settings... > General:

Deactivate: Show live issues

All error appeared which before were gone.

Xcode 14.3.1: Xcode > Settings > General

Uncheck "Show live issues", problem will be solved.

Live issues is off for me, and it's doing the "errors in the log, not the navigator" thing

Disabling Live issues in Settings > General solved the problem for me too

Xcode 15 Disabling Live Issues And Debug config worked for me

hardcode solution if your Xcode still works anomaly,

so, it was only partial solution to show inline errors, but if you want your normal Xcode back: move to bin your xcode, For a complete removal of Xcode delete the following:

1. /Applications/Xcode.app
  2. ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.dt.Xcode
  3. ~/Library/Developer
  4. ~/Library/MobileDevice
  5. ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist
  6. /Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist
  7. /System/Library/Receipts/com.apple.pkg.XcodeExtensionSupport.bom
  8. /System/Library/Receipts/com.apple.pkg.XcodeExtensionSupport.plist
  9. /System/Library/Receipts/com.apple.pkg.XcodeSystemResources.bom
  10. /System/Library/Receipts/com.apple.pkg.XcodeSystemResources.plist
  11. /private/var/db/receipts/com.apple.pkg.Xcode.bom

But instead of 11, open up /private/var/in the Finder and search for "Xcode" to see all the 'dna' left behind... and selectively clean that out too. I would post the pathnames but they will include randomized folder names which will not be the same from my Mac to yours.

And, just to double check:

• xcrun simctl delete unavailable
  • xcrun simctl shutdown all && xcrun simctl erase all
  • sudo /Developer/Library/uninstall-devtools --mode=all
  • rm -rf ~/Library/*/CoreSimulator
  • sudo killall -9 com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService
  • sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.dt.Xcode

install XCode again, if there is lefted simulators, on manage run destinations : remove all simulators, and install again, looks long but no issues after it 😌

issues usually appears after updating Xcode from 13 to 15/14, espessialy if you used filter on issue navigator, looks like incompatibility of versions or so

All the above didn't work for me. I've an ObjectiveC Project with Cocoapods. I figured out, that the Run Script Phase with the avgtool is causing my problems.

xcrun agvtool next-version -all

is changing my ***/project.pbxproj file and XCode "thinks" to reset/reload all warnings.

I moved the the Run Script Phase before the compile step, but this didn't help; almost every build was canceled.

Any ideas?