XCode 14 compile errors immediately disappear or do not appear at all

I'm unable to use XCode 14 to develop my app because as soon as a compiler error is shown, it is immediately withdrawn from the Issue Navigator pane. This makes it impossible to see what is wrong. The errors are also immediately withdrawn from the editor.

This video shows 3 attempts to compile the project: after the first attempt no error shows, after the second attempt the error shows for a moment then is automatically removed (no mouse or keypress from me), after the third attempt same.

https://youtu.be/bmK_k6oLYpQ

I have tried rebooting, and deleting ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData, to no effect.

• Did you try to suppress the warning about iOS 9 which is no more supported. Set the deployment target to iOS 11 , then try again. You can also have some information in the build log.

• In my case project min level is iOS 12 so that's not it

• Facing same issue, Seems Apple not having UAT team at all for Xcode, Always full of bug

Replies

XCode 15.2 - if I disable live issues toggle - I get errors on build only, otherwise no errors at all just build fails. Not great. Happened on Xcode 15.1 to 15.2 upgrade for me.

I have the same problem and it's very annoying. I don't know what to do about it. Can anyone recommend something that works?

Still the same issue on after an upgrade to Xcode 15.3 today too.

Strangely though, it just happens to one of my project files. (AppDelegate.swift, so kind of an important one)

I had the same issue as well and was finally able to find the cause of this problem (for me at least). So maybe this helps for everyone else as well, my configurations were named Development & Production by renaming it back to the Debug & Release again there errors remain visible for me even with the live issues checkbox on.

It could be that you only need to rename the Debug configuration but I haven't tested that.