No Developer Mode option on iOS 16 device.

Hi, I'm really hoping someone can help me. After updating my iPhone 11 to iOS 16 and tried to launch an app from xCode on it, I noticed that I didn't have dev mode enabled. When I went to Settings > Privacy & Security to toggle the Developer Mode on, it wasn't there. There is no Developer Mode option in my settings, the only option and the end of Privacy & Security is Lockdown Mode.

I tried so many troubleshooting techniques and spent a lot of time looking for solutions. I tried powering on and off while connected to my macbook with xcode running and again without xcode running. Made sure my device has the latest update (iOS 16.0.2) and my device has trusted the connection to the Macbook as well. I also had the same problem on my girlfriends brand new iPhone 13, I was really hoping it was just my device but no, her device doesn't have the Dev Mode option either. Out of curiosity I asked my friends at work if they had the option but they did not. I even went as far as going into an Apple store and checking the devices on display and they didn't have the option either. And when I asked the staff their, they didn't know why the option wasn't showing up on mine or even their own personal devices.

The only source that I have found with the same issue as me is this youtube link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AEusqQV794), where it mentions that this is an issue with iOS 16 public beta users and not developer beta user and the only way to solve this is by sidloading the app which I am not gonna do. Please note that I am not running beta version on my device.

I can't help think that there's something obvious that I'm missing or need to do but just can't find it.

Any help or advice will by really appreciated :)

Thank you

• I found a logical (though not easy) solution: you have to add your device to your Apple Developer account. Under "Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles" go to "Devices." Then click the + icon.

The tricky part here is finding the device's UUID. After physically plugging in your phone to your Mac, click on the name of the phone in Finder, and the info will cycle through until UUID shows up. You can't copy and paste that info (thanks, Apple!), so you have to accurately type all the characters in.

• I was experiencing this as well. I had just updated my iPhone 11 Pro Max to 16.2, my Macbook to Ventura 13.1, and Xcode was freshly updated. I got Developer Mode to appear by:

turning off my phone for 10srestarting my macbookopening xcodeconnecting my phone to my macbook

Hope this helps someone. ✌🏽

• When you first go to privacy and settings you will not see the developer mode. To enable developer mode, first you need to go to Xcode -> product -> destination -> choose your device Follow the prompts, now when you go back you can see the developer mode and toggle it on.

Accepted Reply

Usually it is enough to:

• Having launched Xcode
  • connect iPhone to the Mac via USB
  • Switch mode on device

But, to make a long story short, better contact support.

• see comment above - adding the UDID to my Developer Account worked. After this, the option re-appeared on my Phone

• Why does the accepted reply have no instructions on how to fix the problem. Makes no sense.

Add a Comment

Replies

I had the same issue and it is resolved by running Xcode on my connected MAC

tried the same thing followed tutorial etc all possible ways it's a bug

After tearing my hair out... (I'm on a windows PC) - ALL I needed to do in the end was disable Focus on an iPhone 12 (running iOS 17+). Developer mode showed up immediately thereafter. Thought I'd update this forum..

What I did was:

1. Updated my macOS
  2. Updated XCode
  3. Connected my iPhone via USB to my mac
  4. Then Trust the App
  5. You will see Developer Mode option is Privacy Settings in your phone.

It is in Settings -> Privacy & Security. When you hover on the device, the same is displayed.