Unable to set image in media sessions metadata

Open music.yandex.ru Open browser console Paste this code:

navigator.mediaSession.metadata = new MediaMetadata({
    title: "11111111111",
    artist: "222222222",
    album: "3333333333",
    artwork: [
        { src: "https://avatars.yandex.net/get-music-content/5375761/c8e05100.a.19837155-1/200x200" }
    ]});

Open Now playing widget. Title, artist, album is set correctly. Cover not set.

macOS 13.0.1 (22A400) Safari 16.1 (18614.2.9.1.12)

Note! In macOS 12.6.1 Safari 15.6.1 (17613.3.9.1.16) all works as expected.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Mr.Moro Down vote post of Mr.Moro
5.4k views

Replies

This problem is existing in iOS too, since 16.1.1 (I think). Before that it was ok. My laptop is old, and I'm with latest Big Sur, but there is OK too... I waited till the next iOS update, but now I see that this is Safari problem...

• I just tested Chrome on my iPhone, and it's not working neither... Apple needs to fix this ASAP.

Add a Comment

Can confirm issue not in 16.0 but indeed in 16.1

Still not working in Safari iOS 16.2

Having the same problem on iOS 16.1. The image isn’t showing on the now playing section of the control centre.

Can someone confirm is the problem is still existing in 16.3 Beta?

• Unfortunately, the problem has not been solved on ios 16.3 beta

Add a Comment

I recently purchased an iPhone 14 Pro Max and I see a grey square on my lock screen when listening to media on Safari.

Out of the box it was working, then it stopped. Utterly baffling!

It seems like this is due a fix as it’s a key feature to anyone using the navigator.mediaSession.metadata API, including the web version of Apple Music that also suffers from this bug.

I am having the same problem. I think it's about the update but I couldn't find any extra information.

Would love to see this fixed as this feature of my webapp is broken.

I had the same problem after updating iphone to ios 16.2. I hope fix it soon.

Hello friends, has anyone found a solution to this problem?

CONFIRMED: The problem is NOT solved in iOS 16.3 ... Wow I can't believe Apple still sleeping.

Now it is working in MacOS Ventura 13.2 (22D49) with Safari v16.3, but still not working in iOS 16.3.

iOS 16.3.1 STILL NOT FIXED!!!

Guys lets throw 1 report here: https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/ with title "navigator.mediaSession.metadata error"

Obviously nobody is reading this forum here.

As you can see there is no Similar reports, so we have to point their attention to the problem.

Hooray! This is fixed in the 16.4 beta!

iOS 16.4 is out today. I can confirm too, its FINALLY fixed. Wow Apple, it took a while.