App Store is installing the wrong version

We just updated our app to fix all the issues that were introduced by iOS9. The update was reviewed and released to the App Store. But when we download the app, the App store install the previous version (1.1.1) instead of the new version (1.1.2)

iTunes Connect List the version as ready "1.1.2 Ready for Sales"

The App Store lists the app with the new update "What's New in Version 1.1.2"

What ae we supposed to do to get it to actually install the new version.

Replies

Just to add a bit more info, I unpacked the .ipa file to make sure we had put the right version together, and it is definately the the new 1.1.2 app in there.

Probably just be patient. It can take a day or so for the App Store servers to get synced up.

Thanks,

Is there a way to set the App Store to not show the update until is actually is "Ready for Sales"

This setup seems like a great way to create a lot of frustrations with our users, with Apple telling them that a new version is being installed, then installing an old version because it's not actually ready.

Also, how long can this take, the previous updates all seemed to work fine and we never noticed a delay with getting the update from the App Store. This release was set to Ready for Sales over 20 hours ago and it's still not working.

The same thing has been happening to me also. I put out a new version, and the app is "Ready for Sale" I have been waiting for 4 days now, and no one has had their app store say there is an update. On the "Product Page" under details, is still says the version number for the previous version. Just curious, I generated a promo code for the latest version, and downloaded the application onto my own device just fine. I even made it so that users were only allowed to download the most previous version (an option in Pricing and Availability). The App details remain the same, and no updates. If this keeps happening, this might be a problem that needs to be sent to Apple (if there is any way to do that).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This has just happend to me to. I can download an update to a new version of my app (the app even looks like its installing with the clock style loading animation), but then the app remains as the old version. Also if I delete the app and reinstall it from the app store, I still get the old version, rather than the version listed on the app store. Has anyone figured out if there is anything we can do about this?

I'm having this same problem! Updating installs the old version. Deleting and re-installing also installs the old version. I wonder if something is related, since we're both having the same problem on the same day.

I emailed Apple Support, but all they did was say that the update "looks" correct in the App Store and said I need to provide all this information for them to continue investigating.

I'm having the same problem too! iTunes Connect shows "2.6.0(192) Ready for Sales", but app store shows a previous version, about 20 hours later, the new version shows on app store,but updating still installs the previous version

This is happening to my app too! My app is called "say it - free text to speech voice synthesiser". It shows he new version in the store but it sends the old version and you end up in an update loop when you try to update because it keeps sending the old version then says there's an update available

Same for me, seems like this is a general issue. We better submit a bug report

Edit:

bug report submitted

Yes exactly same for me. Update loop with old version installed then another update request.

I'm seeing the exact same problem. The app store installs an old build even though the store listing shows the new information and graphics.

The app keeps reappearing in the updates page and updating just reinstalls the same old build.

Yup, I'm seeing the exact same behaviour.

I click Update in App Store, app downloads and Update button turns to Open all as normal, tap Open to launch app, app launches but is still the previous version. Go back to App Store, it says Update again. Rinse, repeat. Open app from home screen, same behaviour.

Tried a fresh install on an old iPhone 6; download app, get previous version.

I'm running iOS 10.3.1.

Got the same issue - update has been approved, its available to download but the old version appears. Had anyone had theirs resolved yet?

Can confirm the same behavior. App listing is showing correct version and file size. The actual file downloaded is previous version.

Also tested on a "clean" device (never had app downloaded, new iCloud account) and it also downloaded the older version. It then immediately indicates an update is available for that app.

My update went live about 17 hours ago, and is still installing the old version.