App Store is installing the wrong version

We just updated our app to fix all the issues that were introduced by iOS9. The update was reviewed and released to the App Store. But when we download the app, the App store install the previous version (1.1.1) instead of the new version (1.1.2)

iTunes Connect List the version as ready "1.1.2 Ready for Sales"

The App Store lists the app with the new update "What's New in Version 1.1.2"

What ae we supposed to do to get it to actually install the new version.

Replies

I just got off the phone with Apple Developer Support, who confirmed the issue we all seem to be having. He basically said the window for propagation is 24 hours, so I just have to keep checking until then, then follow up if it still doesn't show up. It seems that Apple should probably not publish that there's a new version until it's fully ready. It's a pretty bad experience for a user to try to update an app and not get the version they expect.

My app has been "ready for sale" for almost 40 hours and I'm seeing the same problem as everyone else. Updating just reinstalls the old version and it continuously shows that an update is available.

Ok folks... just off phone with Developer Support. Once they escalated me to the next level, the engineer manually refreshed my App and it immediatly resolved the issue (though they said, give it 24 hrs, to be fair).

Suggest a phone call if you're really stuck.

Best of luck all.

What is the phone number you called? - I'm based in the UK and have had trouble getting onto the right phone number all day, please can you help. Thanks

Same issue. Calling Apple now.

Yup calling Apple and escalating it to the next person fixed it for me too. Took about a half an hour after I talked to them before it finally installed.

I called as well. They couldn't help me on the phone but they said they've been getting calls all day about this. The operator claimed there's an indexing issue in their system and that it should be solved by the end of the day, or tomorrow morning at the latest.

After it failed to install all day yesterday, I just tried to install our app again and this time it worked. I hadn't contacted Apple, so it looks like the fix is now rolling out for all affected apps.

Now I have same problem. Already pass 14 hours still same.

Unfortunately, it's even worse as some users get the current version, while others get the older version. Apple, when are you going to fix the sync between your servers. A few minutes (or even an hour) is reasonable. A random number of hours creates significant issues for developers and their customers. Is there any way that we can tell if all of your servers are in sync? My issue is that I force an update (by updating a field in our database). I can't safely force the update until every user can get the required version.