Promo Codes not redeemable?!

Hi guys,

my App is currently in "Pending Developer Release" and i created about 10 Promo Codes.

I received complaints that these Codes are not redeemable, iTunes says "Error connecting to Store".

This document: https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/LanguagesUtilities/Conceptual/iTunesConnect_Guide/Chapters/ProvidingPromoCodes.html

says: "Promo codes apply to a specific app version, so when users redeem promo codes for a version of an app that hasn’t been released yet, they download the prerelease version."

So i understand this right that i don't have to release the App for the Codes to be functional right? Can somebody tell me what could be wrong?

Thank you in advance

Replies

I get the following error when trying to redeem a promo code: "Error. This code is for a version that is not available for download.". My very first version is "Pending Developer Release". Before approval I set to manually release the app.

I have the same issue now.. promo code redeem says code is redeemed and app will be downloaded for the approved app which is waiting for developer release. But app is not downloading to test the new version with promo code before releasing publicly.