macOS Monterey 12.3 Bluetooth connection problems since update

Upgrade to Monterey 12.3 couple days ago on my MacBook Air 2020. Since then, my bluetooth headphones and BT mouse are lagging, randomly disconnecting and reconnecting every few minutes or so. As this has never happened before the upgrade, I thought it was quite unusual. Anybody else with similar issues or any fixes?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of grzb0 Down vote post of grzb0
19k views
  • Yep! Same issue on both my M1 MBA and an Intel Mac Mini. On the Mini, even without it going to sleep, sometime after booting up, it will lose ability to connect to HomePod or AirPods. I suspect this is also Bluetooth related. These issues definitely started happening after upgrading to 12.3. Sigh.... I honestly don't remember when was the last time I had an Apple software release without any annoying issues that affected day-to-day use! Probably 5+ years ago.

• Same problem here, magic mouse, magic keyboard, and bose headset all disconnect randomly, then reconnect. I kept bluetooth connections open to watch what happens, seen that everything out of no-where will clear out of there and come back a few moments later

• Same bug!

Replies

Same problem with mine since i updated

• After reading that 12.3.1 was addressing this problem I thought. great....Not so fast young man... @ My problem had been range, I would lose signal after about 10-15 feet..Now Bluetooth drops off even at a closer range... Come on kids get it together....

• In my case (Mac Mini late 2014) the problems started after upgrading to 12.3.1.

• The identical problem-using a MacBook air with a Logitech keyboard and this problem is creating such a damn nuisance that I'm very tempted to convert to windows. Usually, my keyboard and mouse disconnect every 10 minutes or less. Apple has lost its way --lots of hype and little help.

Add a Comment

HI there,

Same issue my side - using a Logitech MX Anywhere 3 mouse and MX Keys keyboard - both constantly disconnect from Mac since upgrading to 12.3 .. Horrible experience.

Hope this can be sorted by Apple soon, it's sad to see such bugs coming into a Production release of MacOS...

• I have a similar problem when my 27" iMac (2019) goes to sleep and my MX Anywhere 3 mouse not longer connects. My Apple Magic Mouse of course will and allows me to continue to work, but what a PITA to need to fall back on a mouse I hate. I have to reboot and all is fine again for some seeming random amount of time. macOS 12.6 is what I have, so still to fix.

Add a Comment

Same bug here. Using a Magic Mouse 2 and Beats Studio 3.

same bug too! using M1 macbook pro with magic mouse 2 and Beats studio 3, and magic keyboard. I found out that only keep disconnecting and reconnect when i use my bluetooth device with beats studio 3 when i turn off beats studio 3, the bug is gone

Yes, I noticed when using Silhouette Cameo 4 Cutting Machine. Right in the middle of a cut will stop and then wasted material. Currently using USB Cable but Bluetooth was better. This is With the OS Monterey 12.3 update. Hope there is a fix soon...

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Roxc Down vote reply of Roxc

I have the same experience. I am usually connected to MX Keys, MX Anywhere 3 mouse and Apple Beats Flex. Bluetooth keeps disconnecting every couple of minutes or so. Strangely, when I disconnect my Apple Beats Flex, everything works fine. Other third party earphones also work fine.

I have the bluetoothd crash logs if someone can help debug this issue.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of pb85 Down vote reply of pb85

Same issue with a 3rd party bluetooth mouse on 12.3, worked perfectly fine on the previous update.

I have the same problem with my Logitech MX mouse

Same. Logitech MX mouse and beats studio 3 on a 2019 13 inch MBP

Since upgrading to Monterey 12.3, I have experienced serious sound quality issues with my Avantree bluetooth headphones (it sounds like the audio is coming from deep down in a well) along with random disconnects. Oddly, I also noticed that the headphones are not listed as an available output device under Sound within the System Preferences despite the fact that my headphones are connected (as shown in Bluetooth) and the only place sound is coming from.

The headphones are connected and they are the active output device, but it no longer appears in System Preferences, the connection drops randomly, and the actual sound is muted in tone with a slight echo reverb.

• Circling back to confirm that the exact issue continues even with 12.3.1. update. Nothing has changed or been fixed.

With some experimentation, the least-worst workaround for temporary improvement is: power down bluetooth device completely, disable Bluetooth on MacOS, play a video/audio file, then while it's playing re-enable Bluetooth in MacOS and power on the bluetooth device.

Most of the time (not always) this results in normal audio quality in the headphones for a varying length of time (could be 5 minutes, could be 2 hours) before eventually it suddenly loses normal sound and/or disconnects entirely again.

I hope that suggestion helps someone else manage to limp by until Apple finally learns how to make bluetooth work properly.

• Curiously, it seems that (in my case, at least) there is some conflict with Chrome. I went into Sys Pref and Privacy to disable Chrome's access to the microphone and camera. Immediately, my bluetooth audio devices appear to work normally. I'm surprised and do not comprehend the possible relationship, but that is my experience today.... audio working all day long.

Add a Comment

I have the same issue after updating to 12.3, my Sennheiser Bluetooth headphone keeps disconnecting!

Same issue with beats studio 3

Same problema here, since upgrade to 12.3 all my BT devices are randomly disconecting, interference with headsets, even using magic key board, amgic maouse and airpods pro. But tried with logitech MxMaster 3 mouse an Mx Master keyboard it's the same problem, and that hasn't happend before upgrading 12.3.

Apple, please do something

• This problem is so annoying and it is getting worse. Right now even with de magic mouse disconnects randomly, can't use my Studio3 nor Sony WM..-X4, airpods pro sounds like a submarine and the only ones working correctly are the airpods max.

I'm seriously thinking on downgrade to Big Sur, but i don't know if they [apple] change anything in BT Firmware, so the problems remain even if a donwgrade system. ¿anyone know something?

• The same here, with Sony WM-x4 headphones. Fantastic job, Apple!

Add a Comment

Same problem here, when I connect to Beats Studio 3. Seems like the system kept looking for if the headphone support spatial audio and something else over and over again, according to the console log

Wish Apple can solve this quickly.

Definitely have the same problem. Mine was already before the latest update but since 12.3 it is really bad. Indeed, disconnecting and reconnecting all the time. Lagging when listening to music, YouTube videos are impossible to watch because you miss half of the words spoken. Also have Wi-Fi problems where my MacBook just loses the Wi-Fi connection and doesn't seem to know how to reconnect. After restarting the router, the Wi-Fi connection miraculously works again for a while.

Bluetooth though is really annoying (beyond irritation) and it somehow seems that over the last months or even years Apple and their products lose their impeccable image of having no meaningful problems.

• My 2021 M1 MacBook Pro has the same BlueTooth problem after upgrading to Monterey 12.3 - I manually disconnected my mouse but my MacBook fails to find it. F F F Frustrating!

Add a Comment