macOS Monterey 12.3 Bluetooth connection problems since update

Upgrade to Monterey 12.3 couple days ago on my MacBook Air 2020. Since then, my bluetooth headphones and BT mouse are lagging, randomly disconnecting and reconnecting every few minutes or so. As this has never happened before the upgrade, I thought it was quite unusual. Anybody else with similar issues or any fixes?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of grzb0 Down vote post of grzb0
19k views
  • Yep! Same issue on both my M1 MBA and an Intel Mac Mini. On the Mini, even without it going to sleep, sometime after booting up, it will lose ability to connect to HomePod or AirPods. I suspect this is also Bluetooth related. These issues definitely started happening after upgrading to 12.3. Sigh.... I honestly don't remember when was the last time I had an Apple software release without any annoying issues that affected day-to-day use! Probably 5+ years ago.

• Same problem here, magic mouse, magic keyboard, and bose headset all disconnect randomly, then reconnect. I kept bluetooth connections open to watch what happens, seen that everything out of no-where will clear out of there and come back a few moments later

• Same bug!

Replies

+1 here. Same issue. M1 w/ Monterey 12.3.1 keeps disconnecting any bluetooth audio device. No matter which brand it is.

Apple Support, where are you?

• +1. Same bug. MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) | macOS Monterey 12.4 keeps disconnecting Magic Mouse (MMMQ3Z/A). @Apple Support Thank you very much for the prompt reply.

Add a Comment

+1 Here. I'm using Logitech mx keys for typing and the battery status is buggy since the update. the estimated battery is buggy and consuming much more than before updates. with sound, I have a sennheiser 450bt and a oneplus buds pro, with both of then the sound randomically becomes laggy and sometimes gets disconected. specially with more than 1 software at the same time using sounds like zoom + Spotify. Please, apple, fix this.

• PS: Im using MBA M1 2020 here at v 12.3.1.

Add a Comment

I tried most of the solutions in this thread; this is what finally fixed it for me: https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOSBeta/comments/qjgqjx/i_think_ive_found_a_fix_for_the_bluetooth/

TLDR: Preferences > Sharing > Disable Airplay Receiver

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of rcrj Down vote reply of rcrj
  • that seem to have worked! Thanks a lot!

• Tried this and unfortunately not working. Still loosing the connection :(

Add a Comment

No change in 12.5. Losing income because of this now.

Same issue here. Can't work because of this. When I wanna select something and move until I get to the target point the mouse is losing the connection and drops the folder randomly.

Problem remains here and disabling AirPlay did not resolve. MacBook Air M1 2020 with Galaxy Buds Live.

Can someone help me?