macOS Monterey 12.3 Bluetooth connection problems since update

Upgrade to Monterey 12.3 couple days ago on my MacBook Air 2020. Since then, my bluetooth headphones and BT mouse are lagging, randomly disconnecting and reconnecting every few minutes or so. As this has never happened before the upgrade, I thought it was quite unusual. Anybody else with similar issues or any fixes?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of grzb0 Down vote post of grzb0
19k views
  • Yep! Same issue on both my M1 MBA and an Intel Mac Mini. On the Mini, even without it going to sleep, sometime after booting up, it will lose ability to connect to HomePod or AirPods. I suspect this is also Bluetooth related. These issues definitely started happening after upgrading to 12.3. Sigh.... I honestly don't remember when was the last time I had an Apple software release without any annoying issues that affected day-to-day use! Probably 5+ years ago.

• Same problem here, magic mouse, magic keyboard, and bose headset all disconnect randomly, then reconnect. I kept bluetooth connections open to watch what happens, seen that everything out of no-where will clear out of there and come back a few moments later

• Same bug!

Replies

Mac Pro (late 2013) on 12.3.1 having same issues... bluetoothd process is crashing.

Apple please see this issue. In a $1200 rig this cheap bluetooth problem is not excepted.

Monterery beta 12.4 still has the same problem. My desk currently has two sets of keyboard/mouse w/out wireless. No more space around me atm.

I wonder if Apple is aware this nonsense issue.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of fovs Down vote reply of fovs

I'm on 12.4 Beta 3 and I also see this.. My mouse and keyboard don't want to stay connected. After any of them goes to sleep or disconnected, I will no longer be able to reconnect until I reset and re-sync. Also lots of errors on the Console with the message "stopTrackingForSession: sensor tracking is not supported on this platform"

I have found that every time the problem happens. This is the error that appears in the console, hope this helps

My DualShock 4 controller keeps disconnecting every 15 mins on Monterey 12.3.1. So I decided to track the logging via the Console.app.It is actually force closed by WindowServer process for the reason, idling for 922.22 seconds(15 mins). It came from DualShock4HIDServicePlugin as you can see. Please make sure to check the bug.

Same bug here.

Well just to update you all, I have updated to MacOS Monterey 13.4 and the problem with the Bluetooth disconnection with my mouse MX Master 2S and my Keyboard K780 persists.

Yeah, update has done nothing.

I've got the most recent flagship MacBook Pro, and the most recent flagship AirPods Max, and I can't use them together. Feeling pretty robbed at the moment to be honest.

I have the same problem since Monterrey! MacBook Pro early 2015. Multiple devices became incompatible and I have connectivity issues.

My headphones from anker sound core life q30 stopped working with my Mac do the the update they became incompatible. (Don't know how it's possible with bluetooth). Also my UE boom 2 speakers also are incompatible... Whilst my Xiaomi bluetooth speakers still works. Super strange!

The bluetooth issues show up while in teams or zoom. When I switch between full screens and I do something heavier then just zoom. The bluetooth stutters and suddenly the headphones become quiet no Sound and mic. I have to turn bluetooth on and off in settings for it to work again.

Happens with my airdpods 2nd gen and AirPods Pro.

Restting bluetooth by deleting plists and command center actions didn't work yet. SMC reset neither.

so turning off the airplay receiver seems to help for newer MacBooks https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOSBeta/comments/qjgqjx/i_think_ive_found_a_fix_for_the_bluetooth/

or forcing apt x https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253695375

updated today to 12.4 on my 2015 pro and still no fix… are we the only ones?!

I am using Airpod 3 connect with Macbook pro 2020 OS Monterey 12.3, the connection is very bad. It is randomly disconnecting and reconnecting every few minutes.

Monterey 12.3.1 (21E258) MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

No issues prior to update. Post-update - if lid is closed, and opened, bluetooth does not behave as expected. It does not automatically connect, it does not connect if the bluetooth top menu icon is clicked, and then the device is clicked (infinite spin upon click + no connection). It does not connect when selecting something (for example air pods) from the audio options when clicking the audio icon in the top menu

Workaround: User is required to force quit bluetoothhd process in activity monitor to connect to a bluetooth device.

Workaround is an unacceptable solution due to the level of entry and doesn't "just work" as expected.

Like many users, I have also been having Bluetooth issues since upgrading to Monterey, I have updated all the MacOS as much as I can and I'm on 12.4 but with every version upgrade, nothing is fixed and Bluetooth will drop several times a day. Sometimes it re-connects back straight away, other times, I won't be able to connect for 5 - 10 mins.

I have Activity Monitor on all day and when Bluetooth drops, there isn't any excessive CPU or memory usage. Sometimes, when my Mac is busy doing Time Machine backups I see the Bluetooth issue more but there doesn't seem to be any pattern.

Have tried everything to reset Bluetooth, delete pref, remove/add the device again, reset NVRAM and SMC and nothing works

I'm having this issue as well since I upgrade to Monterey version, I am using a MX Master 3 mouse and K375s Multi device keyboard both from Logitech and they work fine, however as soon as I connect my AirPods Pro to the computer I start getting issues with the all of the devices. I usually use the AirPods for Zoom meeting with other team members and they tell me that my voice is weird, like robotic and they cannot understand me. If I disconnect mouse and keyboard the issue gets resolved, but before Monterey I was able to connect all of them at the same time without a problem... I hope apple fixes this issue soon since it's really annoying

Same here!! This is unacceptable!